AIIMS Nagpur situated in a large city in the central Indian state of Maharashtra was established under Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojna (PMSSY). It was inaugurated in 2018 by the Hon’ble Prime Minister and the CM of Maharashtra. It is equipped with all modern facilities with the full support of Govt. Medical College, Nagpur. It has begun its first batch of 50 students in September 2018.
AIIMS Nagpur offers full-time undergraduate degree program MBBS that has an innovative curriculum designed to meet the healthcare needs of the country.
AIIMS Nagpur facility on campus
- Lecture halls: Three fully furnished, air-conditioned lecture halls(currently in GMC Nagpur)
- Practical labs of Pre-clinical departments: All quality assured equipment with scheduled sterilization procedures.
- Dissection hall: Scheduled sanitation is observed.
- Library: It has space of 4000sqm with 38726 books, 26 national and 86 international journals. Internet facility is available with 29 computers.
- Museum: Including Fossils dating back to 10000yrs are placed in a transparent chamber.
- Hostel accommodation and security: Adequate Hostel and Security provided for both Boys and Girls
- Hygienic Mess Facility
- Sports and Extra- Curriculum
AIIMS Nagpur Courses Offered
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery(MBBS)
|Course||No. of seats||Duration|
|MBBS||50||4½+ 1 year compulsory internship(5½ Yrs)|
Note: The reservation policy shall be according to the rules of the Government of India as mention on AIIMS Delhi website.
AIIMS Nagpur Eligibility Criteria
A Candidate must fulfil the given qualification criteria below, in order to apply for the AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam:
- A Candidate must have passed class 12thexamination or equivalent from any recognized board
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English must be the main subjects in class 12th examination.
- A minimum score of 60% for General Category and Other Backwards Castes and 50% for SC/ST is required.
- In case of a student appearing for a qualifying examination, (s)he is allowed to apply for AIIMS. Afterwards, however, (s)he needs to submit documentary evidence of passing the qualifying examination with the required score and subjects.
- In case of the institute considering an examination of an Indian university or a foreign university equivalent to 12thclass under 10+2 scheme, the candidate has to produce a certificate to the effect that examination passed by them Is equivalent to 12th class under 10+2 scheme. This certificate has to be obtained from the concerned Indian university or Association of Indian Universities.
|Gen & OBC candidates||60%|
|SC & ST||50%|
AIIMS Nagpur Admission Process
A Candidate must bring the following documents for the process of admission:
- Original certificates/ testimonials/documents at the time of admission:
- 10+2 or equivalent Examinations Certificate.
- High School/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate, showing his/her date of birth.
- Migration Certificate from the University/Board last attended by him/her.
Applicable only to candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste/Tribe/OBC/OPH Category:
- SC/ST Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- OBC Certificate issued by the competent authority. OBC certificate must be in the prescribed format.
- Certificate from prescribed authority showing that he/she belongs to Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped Category.
AIIMS Nagpur Fees Structure and other Payments
The dues are to be paid in cash immediately after you have been declared medically fit in the Medical Board of the Institute as per details are given below:
AIIMS Nagpur MBBS Fee Structure
Hostel accommodation will be provided subject to availability.
|Sr. No.||Academic & Other Fees||Amount in Rs.||Hostel & Other Fees||Amount in Rs.|
|1||Registration Fee||25.00||Hostel Rent*||990.00|
|2||Caution Money||100.00||Gymkhana Fee||220.00|
|3||Tuition Fee||1350.00||Pot Fund||1320.00|
|4||Laboratory Fee||90.00||Electricity Charges||198.00|
|5||Student Union Fee||63.00||Mess Security (Refundable)||500.00|
|6||Hostel Security (Refundable)||1000.00|
Above fees are subject to revision
Duration of Course
Duration of this course is 5½ years i.e. 4½+ 1 year compulsory internship. The MBBS course is divided into three phases and semesters as under:
- Pre-clinical (one year August to July)
Phase-I – Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology
- Para Clinical (1 ½ year- July to Dec, Jan to June, July to Dec)
Phase-II – Pathology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine, Pharmacology
- Clinical ( 2 years+ Jan to June, July to Dec, Jan to June and July to Dec.)
Phase-III – Medicine including Psychiatry and Dermatology, Surgery including Orthopaedics, ENT, Ophthalmology, Anaesthesiology, Casualty and Dental Surgery, Paediatrics, Obst. & Gynae and Community Medicine.
- Internship – One year
AIIMS Nagpur Ranking and Reputation
AIIMS, Nagpur is highly reputed among newly established AIIMS nationwide with the cutoff percentile of 99.65 in the year 2018.
The excellent infrastructure under construction stands out among the elite institutions in the country. Disciplined environment, sports activities and friendly faculty make it a perfect place for a student to gain overall career growth.
AIIMS Nagpur Contact Details
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur, Maharastra.
AIIMS Temporary Campus,
Government Medical College,
Nr. Hanuman Nagar Nagpur, Pin: 440003;
Phone: 0712 2744922.
email: [email protected]