Andhra Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (APTET) Syllabus and Exam Pattern for the Physical Education Teacher. APTET PET Syllabus and Exam pattern is shared below.
|Name of Exam||Andhra Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Short Name||AP TET|
|Subject||Physical Education Teacher|
|Article||APTET PET Syllabus|
|Category||Syllabus and Exam pattern|
|Number of Questions||200|
APTET PET Syllabus (Physical Education Teacher)
Find below the detailed syllabus for the Andhra Pradesh Physical Education Teacher (AP TET) for the PET Exam. APTET PET Syllabus and exam pattern with number of questions and marks.
Part – I : GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND CURRENT AFFAIRS (Marks: 30)
Part – II: ENGLISH (Marks: 30)
- Parts of speech
- Types of sentences
- Articles and prepositions
- Degrees of Comparison
- Direct speech and indirect speech
- Voice – Active and passive voice
- Use of phrases
- Comprehension of a prose passage
Part – III: Physical Education (Marks: 120)
Principles, Philosophy and History of Physical Education
- Meaning of the terms – Aims and Objectives – Aim and objectives of Physical Education, Meaning and Definition of Physical Education
- Biological Principles: The biological basis of life; Growth and Development; principles of use, disuse and overuse – Body types – Ages
- Sociological Principles: Physical Education and Recreation as socializing factors – Cooperation and Competition; Character building and Personality development through Games and Sports.
- History: Physical Education in Ancient Greece – Sparta, Athens – Ancient Rome – Germany, Ancient and Modern Olympic Movement. Historical development of Physical Education in India and status of various committees and their recommendations
Organization and Administration of Physical Education
- Meaning of the terms organization, Administration and supervision.
- (i) Guiding Principles of Organization
(ii) Physical Education Department set up in School, District and State.
- Play fields – Construction and Maintenance – Equipment – Purchase and Care and Maintenance; Layout and Maintenance of swimming pool and
- Time-Table; Factors influencing time-table; Types of Physical Education Periods; Time allotment for Intra-Murals, Extra Murals, Play days, Demonstrations.
- Budget and Accounting – Preparation and Administration of good budget.
- Records and Registers – Types of Registers – Stock, Issue, Attendance, Physical Measurement and fitness record Cumulative Register.
- Supervision – Meaning and need; Guiding principles of supervision.
Psychology, Materials and Methods of Physical Education
- Psychology : Meaning and Definition of Psychology – Definition of Sports Psychology, Development and stages – Motor development, Social
development – Role of Maturation – Individual differences.
- Play – Theories of Play Learning – Kinds of Learning – Laws of Learning – Learning curve – Transfer of Training. Motivation – Meaning, definition and its importance.
- Methods and Materials in Physical Education
(i) Definition of Method and Material
(ii) Presentation techniques – Personal and Technical – Management of Class.
(iii)Methods of Teaching – Factors influencing method – Verbal Explanation, Demonstration, Explanation, Discussion and Supervision.
(iv) Lesson Planning – Types of Lessons – Objectives of Lesson Planning – Values of lesson Plan.
(v) Tournaments – Types of Tournaments – Knock out, League and Combination – Fixtures for Tournaments – Knock-out League fixtures.
(vi) Classification – Classification of Students – Mc Cloys’, Cozens, Tirunarayan and Hari Haran, School Games Federation of India students classification.
(vii) Characteristics of Good Test.
(viii) Training Methods
- Definition of Training – importance of Training – Principles of Training – Types of Training Methods – Resistance, circuit, Interval
and Continuous warning up types and cool down Fatigue – Types of Fatigue – Effect on sports performance; Various Recovery methods
and types of recovery.
Anatomy and Physiology and Kinesiology
- Structure and Functions of cell
- Skeletal system – Bones – Axial and Appendicular Skeleton – Structure and Functions of bones – Types of bones – Effect of exercise on skeleton system.
- Muscular system – Classification of Muscles – Effect of Exercise on Muscular system
- Respiratory system – Structure of Human Respiratory system – Mechanism of Respiration – Effect of Exercise on Respiratory system.
- Digestive system – Structure of human digestive system and process of digestion – Effect of exercise on digestive system.
- Circulatory system – Constituents of Blood and its functions – Structure and Functions of Human Heart – Effect of Exercise on Circulatory system.
- Excretory system – Structure and Functions of Kidneys and Skin – Effects of Exercise on Excretory system.
- Nervous system – Structure and Functions of Human Brain and Spinal cord.
- Kinesiology – Types of joints and Movements around joint. Origin, insertion and action of the muscles around joints.
Health Education, Safety Education and Physiology of Exercise
- Definition of Health, Hygiene and Sanitation
- Factors influencing Health – Heredity, Habits and Environment.
- Factors influencing Physical and Mental Health.
- Communicable diseases – Prevention and Control – Tuberculosis, Cholera, Malaria, Typhoid, Measles and Whooping cough.
- Food and Nutrition – Essential Constituents of food – Proteins, CHO, Fats, Minerals, Vitamins – Balanced DIET – Under nutrition and malnutrition.
- Posture – Definition – Values of Good Posture – Common Pastural deformities – Kyphosis, Lordosis, Scoliosis, knocked – knees, Flat foot.
- Coordinated School Health programme – Health Services, Health Instruction, Health Supervision and Health Record.
- Safety Education – Safety on Road, Safety in the School, Safety on playfields.
- Pollution – Air and Water Pollutions and their prevention and control.
(a) Yoga – Definition, Meaning and Objectives.
(b) Values of Streams of Yoga – Jnana, Bhakti, Karuna, Raja Yoga
(c) Relationship of Yoga with Physical Education and Health.
(d) Patanjali Ashtanga Yoga; Yama, Niyama, Asana, Pranayama, Prathyahasa, Dharma, Dhyana and Samadhi.
(e) Pranayama – Meaning and importance; Stages of Pranayama.
(f) Effect of yoga on sports performance.
- Physiology of Exercise: Warming up, Conditioning, Motor end plate, Glycolsis.
Officiating and Coaching of Physical Education
- Meaning and Principles of officiating
- Duties of Referee / Umpires / Scorer’s in various Games.
- Athletics – Runs, Throws and Jumps
- Marking, Rules, Signals and Systems of Officiating in the following Games; Volley Ball, Basket Ball, Kabaddi, Kho kho, Soft Ball, Ball Badminton, Hockey, Foot Ball, Cricket, Tennikoit, Hand Ball.