All the students appearing for the Assam Teacher Eligibility Test must know the Assam TET Syllabus 2019. One important key to success is to stick to the syllabus. List of all Subjects and topics to be asked in Assam Teacher Eligibility Exam is listed.
Candidates can also download the Assam TET Syllabus in pdf format for future use. For more and latest updates about the Assam TET bookmark Assam TET 2019 page.
[Latest & Updated] Assam TET Syllabus 2019
Part 1: General Studies and Current Affairs (100 marks)
A. General Studies (80 marks)
Unit-1: History and Culture of India with Special Emphasis on Assam History
Unit-2: Indian Political System and Constitution of India
Unit-3: General Science and Technology
Unit-4: Geography of India with Special emphasis on Assam
Unit-5: Economy of India with Special emphasis on Assam
Unit-6: Mental Ability and Reasoning
Unit-8: Secondary Education in India and Management of Schools
B. Current Affairs (20 Marks)
Matters of State, National and International importance, Political and Economic developments, Culture, Art, Literature, Games, Sports, Scientific and Technological advancements, etc.
Part 2: Pedagogy and General English (100 marks)
A. Pedagogy (75 marks)
Unit 1: Teaching-Learning Process and Pedagogy
- General Principles of Teaching, Maxims of Teaching
- Significant trends in Modern Teaching-Learning Process
- Process of Learning-Major Laws of Learning, Role of Motivation in Learning
- Teaching-Methods and Techniques
- Taxonomy of Educational Objectives: Cognitive, Affective & Psychomotor
- Lesson Plan: Essentials of a Good Unit
- Teaching Aids
Unit 2: Educational Psychology
- Educational Psychology- It’s Meaning and Nature: Application of Educational Psychology in the classroom.
- Attention and Interest – Its Educational Implication
- Personality- Its Concept- the role of family and school in personality development
- Education of Children with Special Needs
- Mental Health and Hygiene, Adjustment and Mechanism
- Intelligence- concept and nature: Individual differences in intelligence, creativity.
Unit 3: Psychology of Adolescence
- Significance of Adolescence Period
- Dimensions of Development during Adolescence- physical, intellectual, social, emotional and moral.
- Emotional problems in the classroom.
- Understanding the adolescent learner- the role of family and school
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Guidance and Counseling
- Understanding Developmental Hazards during adolescence.
B. General English (Maximum 25 marks)
Unit 1: Remedial Grammar
- Tense Forms
- Auxiliaries- primary and modals
- Direct and indirect narration
- Active and passive voice
- Appropriate prepositions
- Vocabulary-antonyms, Synonyms
- Pairs of Words
Unit 2: Composition
- Letter Writing- Personal and Formal
- Report Writing
- Phrases and idioms
- Sentence structure – word order
- Paragraph writing
- Precis writing
- Miscellaneous Corrections