User Rating: B.A. (Hons.) in Arabic, University of Delhi
(total votes are 1 & Average rating 5/5)
Bachelor of Arts, (Honours) in Arabic is an undergraduate course in Arabic literature/ language and is provided by Zakir Husain College of Delhi University.
Zakir Husain College was established in the year 1925 whereas the University of Delhi or most commonly known as Delhi University is going to celebrate its centenary in 2022.
B.A. (Hons.) in Arabic Course Details
It’s a 3-year course consisting 6 semesters i.e. 2 semesters per year. You can get more details of this course by clicking on the link: Click Here
A candidate needs to complete his/her Higher Secondary i.e. 10+2 in any discipline from a recognized college or Board.
The admission is granted on merit basis depending on the marks scored in the entrance exam.
Subjects / Syllabus
- Semester 1: Modern Arabic Prose-I, Concurrent qualifying language, Grammar, and Translation-I
- Semester 2: Modern Arabic Prose-II, Concurrent credit language, Grammar and Translation-II
- Semester 3: Modern Arabic Poetry-I, Concurrent interdisciplinary, Grammar and Translation-III
- Semester 4: Modern Arabic Poetry -II, Concurrent discipline centered I, Grammar and Translation-IV, Classical Arabic Prose-I
- Semester 5: Classical Arabic Poetry-I, Composition and oral I, History of Arabic Literature I, Classical Arabic Prose-II
- Semester 6: Classical Arabic Poetry-II, Composition and oral II, History of Arabic Literature II, Concurrent discipline centered II
It depends on the college’s norms. Generally, it’s not more than 10000/- course but the range could vary with time.
There are many career aspects that you can choose from, after having a B.A. (Hons.) degree in Arabic Language. The main sectors are:
Academics (You can pursue higher studies like M.A in Arabic, M. Phil. in Arabic, Ph.D. in Arabic Language etc.), Journalism, Language Dept. of any institution or organization, Translating and Interpreting, Islamic Study Centers.
1.5 lakh per annum to 6.5 lakh per annum
Jobs and Career Opportunities
There are various career opportunities after completing B.A (Hons.) in the Arabic Language. You can work as:
Arabic Teacher, Arabic Translator, Data Entry clerk in Arabic Language, Content Writer, Arabic language analyst or Content analyst (You can correct or edit the contents of others that are in Arabic)
You can also be a Language Specialist or expert in various institutions related to education or literature. Some are CNN, BBC, News18, NDTV, Zee News, Aljazeera etc.
You can also work as a Tutor- of Arabic language or can search for any Customer Care Jobs which need Arabic speaking people..