Delhi University”s Faculty of Law offers 100 LLM Seats for 2nd year or 3rd-year admission. Admission to these seats is based on the entrance exam only. DU LLM Entrance exam will be conducted by the faculty of law every year. On the basis of your score in the entrance exam, you will get admission.
More details about the DU LLM Entrance exam 2019 is given below. Details such as online application form, official notification, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Previous year papers etc.
Important details and information about LL. M..
|Entrance Exam||LL. M.|
|University||University of Delhi|
|Entrance Status||Application Form Not released|
Important Dates for LL. M. are listed below. It includes Application form dates, exam date, result date etc.
|Start of Online Application Form||NA||Not Announced Yet|
|End of Online Application Form||NA||Not Announced Yet|
|Last Date to pay Online Application Fee||NA||Not Announced Yet|
|Date of Release of Admit Card||NA||Not Announced Yet|
|Exam Date||NA||Not Announced Yet|
|Date of release of Answer key||NA||Not Announced Yet|
LL. M. Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for admission to LL.M. (Two-Year/Three-Year) Degree course shall be as follows
- For General category and Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates, a three-year/five-year LL.B. Degree from the University of Delhi or any other Indian or Foreign University recognized as equivalent by the University of Delhi with at least 50% marks or an equivalent grade point in the aggregate for Two-Year/Three-Year Course LLM. The OBC candidates belonging to Non-creamy layer shall be given a relaxation in the minimum eligibility in the qualifying examination and in the minimum eligibility to take the entrance test to the extent of 10% of the minimum eligibility marks (50% prescribed for the general category less 10% = 45 %). The benefit is available to castes which appear in the Central List of the OBC only.
- The candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) having a three year/five-year LL.B. Degree from the University of Delhi or any other Indian or Foreign University recognized as equivalent by the University of Delhi with at least 45% marks for 2yr/3yr LLM or an equivalent grade point in the aggregate in either of them.
- Relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum eligibility prescribed for general candidates will be allowed to widows/wards of ex-servicemen as prescribed and wards of serving
personnel (CW) category who are in receipt of Gallantry awards.
- Relaxation of up to 5% marks in the minimum eligibility prescribed for general candidates will be allowed to the candidates belonging to the physically handicapped (PH) category.
Seats (Category wise / State & District Wise)
Total Number of seats available in Delhi University for the LLM course is 100. Admission to these seats is based on the entrance exam only.
DU LLM Seats
|S. No.||Category||LLM (2 Year)||LLM (3 Year)||Total|
Candidates applying for the postgraduate course at the University of Delhi have to pay the registration fee. This DU Entrance Application Fee will be non-refundable.
Application fee amount is different for the different category students. So candidates have to pay the Delhi University application fee according to their category.
- The registration fee for SC/ST/PwD: Rs. 250/- for each course
- The registration fee for all other categories such as General / OBC: Rs. 500/- for each course
Selection is based on the written test examination. There will be a counselling of the candidates as per their ranking in the DU Written test examination.
LL. M. Exam Pattern
Delhi University LLM Entrance Exam will have 100 questions for 400 marks. Each question will be of 4 marks. There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for every incorrect response marked by the candidate.
Duration of Exam will be of 2 hours. More details about the DU LLM Exam Pattern and Syllabus see the table below.
DU LLM Entrance Exam Subjects
Questions from the following topics will be asked in the Delhi University LLM Entrance exam 2019.
|1||Constitutional Law of India|
|3||Law of Contracts and Sale of Goods|
|4||Law of Torts and Consumer Protection|
|6||Public International Law|
|8||Company law and Partnership|
|9||Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), Cyber Law, Environment Law|
|10||Contemporary Legal Issues|
Faculty of LAW
University of Delhi
Chhatra Marg, Delhi-110007
India +91 1127667483
Other Important Links
Important links for the DU LLM Entrance Exam 2019 is given below. Links include applying online, official prospectus, previous year papers, syllabus, exam pattern etc.
|S. No.||Topics||Direct Link|
|1.||DU LLM Official Prospectus||Click Here|
|2.||Direct Link to apply online||Click here|
|3.||Exam Pattern and Syllabus||Click Here|
|4.||DU LL.M. Question Papers||Click Here|
|5.||List of Delhi University Colleges||Click Here|
|6.||DU Postgraduate Online Application Form||Click here|
|7.||Delhi University Admissions Mobile Application||Click Here|