Department of Music Faculty of Music and Fine Arts offers various graduation, postgraduation, M. Phil., and Ph.D. courses in Music. Master of Arts – Hindustani Music Vocal/Instrumental is one of the very famous courses at the University of Delhi. DU Master of Arts – Hindustani Music Vocal/Instrumental has 47 seats. Admission to these courses on the basis of Merit-Based and Entrance Exam based.
More details about the DU Master of Arts – Hindustani Music Vocal/Instrumental Entrance Exam 2019 is given below. DU M.A. Hindustani Music exam pattern, Syllabus, Papers, Eligibility, seats, and selection process.
Important details and information about M.A. – Hindustani Music Vocal/Instrumental.
|Entrance Exam||M.A. – Hindustani Music Vocal/Instrumental|
|Full Name||Master of Arts – Hindustani Music Vocal/Instrumental|
|Category||Master of Arts|
|University||University of Delhi|
|Entrance Status||Application Form Not released|
Important Dates for M.A. – Hindustani Music Vocal/Instrumental are listed below. It includes Application form dates, exam date, result date etc.
|Start of Online Application Form||NA||Not Announced Yet|
|End of Online Application Form||NA||Not Announced Yet|
|Last Date to pay Online Application Fee||NA||Not Announced Yet|
|Date of Release of Admit Card||NA||Not Announced Yet|
|Exam Date||NA||Not Announced Yet|
|Date of release of Answer key||NA||Not Announced Yet|
M.A. – Hindustani Music Vocal/Instrumental Eligibility Criteria
Delhi University Master of Arts in Hindustani Music (Vocal / Instrumental) Eligibility criteria is given below. Admission to this course is on the basis of merit-based and entrance based.
- B.A. (Hons.) Hindustani Music Vocal/ Instrumental- (Sitar, Sarod, Guitar, Violin, Santoor) examination of Delhi University or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto. Passed with 50% Marks in aggregate.
- B.A. (Pass) Examination of Delhi University with Music as one of the elective subjects or an Examination recognized as equivalent thereto. Passed with 50% Marks in aggregate & 60% Marks in the Subject Music.
- B. Music (Hons.) (Vocal or 50% marks in aggregate Sitar/Sarod) Examination from Indira Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya, Khairagarh. Passed with 50%Marks in aggregate.
- B.A. (Pass )/B.Sc.(Gen. )/B. Com (Pass) Examination of Delhi University or an examination Recognized as equivalent thereto and also having passed any one of the following Examinations
- Sangeet Shiromani Diploma 60% marks in aggregate (Hindustani Music Vocal/Instrumental-Sitar, Sarod, Guitar, Violin, Santoor)
- Sangeet Visharad/Kovid/Sangeet Prabhakar 60% marks in aggregate.
Seats (Category wise / State & District Wise)
Total Number of seats available in Delhi University for the M.A. (Hindustani Music) Vocal/Instrumental course is 47. Admission to these seats is based on the entrance exam as well as merit based on the qualifying exam.
DU M.A. (Hindustani Music) Vocal/Instrumental Seats
Candidates applying for the postgraduate course at the University of Delhi have to pay the registration fee. This DU Entrance Application Fee will be non-refundable.
Application fee amount is different for the different category students. So candidates have to pay the Delhi University application fee according to their category.
- The registration fee for SC/ST/PwD: Rs. 250/- for each course
- The registration fee for all other categories such as General / OBC: Rs. 500/- for each course
Selection in Delhi University”s Master of Arts – Hindustani Music Vocal/Instrumental is based on two different processes.
- Merit-Based: Under this category candidates from the University of Delhi will get admission in Masters degree on the basis of the performance in the Qualifying degree.
- Entrance Based: Any candidate who fulfills the eligibility criteria can apply for the Master of Arts – Hindustani Music Vocal/Instrumental Entrance exam in 2019.
More details about the Exam pattern is available in Exam Pattern given below.
M.A. – Hindustani Music Vocal/Instrumental Exam Pattern
Master of Arts – Hindustani Music Vocal/Instrumental Exam Pattern 2019 is given below
- All the applicants have to COMPULSORILY APPEAR in the Practical Entrance Test (Performance) under both criteria.
- The entrance test shall have 60% practical component based on performance and 40% based on MCQ test and the candidate under merit shall also have to appear for the practical component having weightage of 60% & merit of UG from the University of Delhi as 40%.
Other Important Links
Important links for the DU B.Ed. Special Education (VI) Entrance Exam 2019 is given below. Links include applying online, official prospectus, previous year papers, syllabus, exam pattern etc.
|S. No.||Topics||Direct Link|
|1.||DU B. Ed. Special Education Visual Impairment – Official Prospectus||Click Here|
|2.||Direct Link to apply online||Click here|
|3.||Exam Pattern and Syllabus||Click Here|
|4.||DU B. Ed. Special Education (VI) Question Papers||Click Here|
|5.||List of Delhi University Colleges||Click Here|
|6.||DU Postgraduate Online Application Form||Click here|
|7.||Delhi University Admissions Mobile Application||Click Here|