Indian Coast Guard has advertised the vacancy for the post of Navik – Domestic Branch (Cook & Steward). All interested and eligible candidates for the post of Navik – Domestic Branch (Cook & Steward) 2019 can apply online. More details about the Indian Coast Guard Navik – Domestic Branch (Cook & Steward) are listed below. The Total number of vacancies under this recruitment is 0. Further division of the vacancies category wise / state wise for Indian Coast Guard Navik – Domestic Branch (Cook & Steward) 2019 are shared below.
Important details and information about Indian Coast Guard Navik – Domestic Branch (Cook & Steward) 2019 in Indian Coast Guard.
|Name of Post||Navik – Domestic Branch (Cook & Steward)|
|Department||Indian Coast Guard|
|Number of Vacancies||0|
|Recruiting Body||Indian Coast Guard|
|Application Fee||No application Fee|
|Place of Posting||Anywhere India|
|Recruiting Body||Indian Coast Guard|
Important Dates for Navik – Domestic Branch (Cook & Steward) are listed below. It includes Application form dates, exam date, result date etc.
|Release of Notification||2019-10-11||No Remark Available|
|Start of Online Application Form||2019-10-30||No Remark Available|
|End of Online Application Form||2019-11-08||No Remark Available|
|Last Date to Complete Application Form||2019-11-08||No Remark Available|
|Date of Release of Admit Card||2019-11-17||17th Nov to 22nd Nov|
Imortant requirements for Indian Coast Guard Navik – Domestic Branch (Cook & Steward) are shared below. It includes Educational Qualification as well as age criteria.
Educational qualifications required for the Navik – Domestic post in Indian Coast Guard (Cook and Steward) 2019 for 01/2020 batch.
10th Class with 50% marks in aggregate from a board of Education recognized by Central/State Government.
5% relaxation in above minimum cut off will be given for SC/ST candidates and outstanding sports person of National level who has obtained 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports events at the Open National Championship/ Interstate National Championship. This relaxation will also be applicable to the ward of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service.
18 to 22 years as on 01 Apr 2020 i.e. born between 01 Apr 1998 to 31 Mar 2002, both dates are inclusive. (Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates).
How a candidate will be selected for the Navik – Domestic Branch post in Indian Coast Guard.
- Short-listing criteria will be based on the higher percentage of marks for a particular
- The qualifying cut off percentage (%) of a particular Centre may be increased, if more number of applications with the higher percentage is received.
- The written examination will be of objective type, which will generally cover subjects Quantitative Aptitude, Mathematics, General Sciences, General English, General Awareness (Current Affairs & General Knowledge) and Reasoning (Verbal & Non-Verbal).
- Those who qualify written examination will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Initial Medical Examination (Preliminary). The testing procedure will take 2-3 days. Physically Challenged candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.
Medical Examination and Medical standards an applicant must have before applying for this job.
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorized Military Doctors as per medical
standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Enrolled Personnel on entry.
- Height: Minimum height is 157 cms. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. orders.
- Chest: Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms.
- Weight: Proportionate to height and age plus or minus 10 percentage acceptable.
- Hearing: Normal.
- Fitness Level: History of Cardio-vascular disease, surgical deformities like knock knee, flat feet etc. infection of ears, history of fits or psychiatric ailment, varicose vein, undergone corrective surgery for eye sight etc is not eligible.
- Visual Standard: 6/36 (Better Eye) and 6/36 (Worse Eye).
- Tattoo: Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body. However, certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal areas communities as declared by the Govt. of India. For other candidates, permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of the hand. Details in this regard are available on the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
PFT will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. All candidates are advised to be in possession of sports rig (Shoe, T-shirt, Trouser, socks, etc). Qualifying PFT as per standards prescribe and given below is compulsory.
The PFT will consist of
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
- 20 Squat ups (Uthak Baithak)
- 10 Push up.
Details about the salary and various other benefits given to all selected candidates.
Starting Basic Pay Scale for Navik (DB) is 21700/- (Pay Level-3), plus Dearness Allowance and other allowances based on nature of duty/place of posting as per the regulation enforced time to time.
Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Pradhan Adhikari with pay scale 47600/- (Pay level 8) with Dearness Allowance.
- Ration and clothing as per rules in vogue. Free medical treatment for self and family including dependent parents.
- Government accommodation for self & family on the nominal license fee.
- 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with Leave Travel Concession (LTC) for self, family and dependent parents as per Govt. rules.
- Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement.
- Canteen and various loan facilities.
- ECHS medical facilities post retirement.
Best and Recommended Books
Other Important Links