Indian Army has advertised the vacancy for the post of Religious Teacher. All interested and eligible candidates for the post of Religious Teacher 2019 can apply online. More details about the Indian Army Religious Teacher are listed below. The Total number of vacancies under this recruitment is 152. Further division of the vacancies category wise / state wise for Indian Army Religious Teacher 2019 are shared below.
Important details and information about Indian Army Religious Teacher 2019 in Indian Army.
|Name of Post||Religious Teacher|
|Number of Vacancies||152|
|Recruiting Body||Indian Army|
|Place of Posting||Anywhere India|
|Recruiting Body||Indian Army|
Important Dates for Religious Teacher are listed below. It includes Application form dates, exam date, result date etc.
|Release of Notification||2019-09-27||No Remark Available|
|Start of Online Application Form||2019-09-30||No Remark Available|
|End of Online Application Form||2019-10-29||No Remark Available|
|Last Date to Complete Application Form||2019-10-29||No Remark Available|
|Exam Date||2020-02-23||No Remark Available|
Indian Army Religious Teacher Eligibility Criteria
Imortant requirements for Indian Army Religious Teacher are shared below. It includes Educational Qualification as well as age criteria.
The minimum educational qualification for appointment to this special list of Junior Commissioned Officers (Religious Teacher) will be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.
In addition, the candidate must possess the following qualification according to the religious denomination of the individual: –
- Pandit and Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiment: Hindu candidates with Acharya in Sanskrit OR Shastri in Sanskrit with one-year diploma in „Karam Kandâ€Ÿ.
- Granthi: Sikh candidates with „Gyaniâ€Ÿ in Punjabi.
- Maulvi and Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts: Muslim candidates with Maulvi Alim in Arabic or Adib Alim in Urdu.
- Padre: Any person who has been ordained priesthood by the appropriate ecclesiastical authority and is still on the approved list of the local Bishop.
- Bodh Monk (Mahayana): Any person who has been ordained Monk/Buddhist Priest, by the Appropriate Authority. The term Appropriate Authority will mean Head Priest of the Monastery where the person has been initiated into priesthood. The head priest should be in possession of Geshe (PhD) of Khampa or Lopon or Rabjam with proper certificate from Monastery.
Note:- The above mandatory education qualifications should be acquired by individuals from recognized universities. All the above eligibility criteria are common for In-service and Civil Candidates
The age bracket in respect of Civilian and In-Service Candidates would not below 25 years of age and not above 34 years of age on 01 Oct 2020 (i.e. candidates born between 01 Oct 1986 and 30 Sep 1995 inclusive of both dates).
Indian Army Religious Teacher Exam Pattern
|Paper-1: General Knowledge||50||100||40|
|Paper-2: Knowledge of religious domain||50||100||40|
- Paper-1 is common to candidates and is a qualifying exam only. Candidates scoring min 40% marks in Paper-I will only be assessed in Paper-II. Marks obtained in Paper-1 will not be counted for preparation of merit list for appearing in the interview or final selection.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted based on marks only in Paper-2 will be interviewed by the board of officers at 1 ASC Trg Centre, Bangalore and 39 GTC, Varanasi as applicable.
- The names of candidates declared successful in the written examination and shortlisted for interview will be put on Rtg Dte website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in by HQ Rtg Zone, Bangalore.
- Candidates scoring a minimum of 50 out of 100 marks (50%) will qualify in the interview.
- The final selection will be based on the merit list drawn on the basis of the total marks obtained in Paper-II and interview.
- No bonus marks are entitled to the son of Serving/Ex-servicemen/War Widow/Widow and Sportsmen/NCC/Computer certificate holders
Indian Army Religious Teacher Physical Details
Physical Standard and Fitness Test
- Height (cm) (i) For General – 160. (ii) For Gorkhas & Ladakhi region candidates – 157. (iii) Andaman & Nicobar Island, Lakshadweep Gp incl Minicoys – 155 (only Locals).
- Chest (cm) 77 for all.
- Weight (kg) (i) For General and Ladakhis – 50. (ii) For Gorkha candidates – 48.
- Physical Fitness Test Candidates should be able to run 1600m in 08 Minutes.
Note: Provisions for extra time for 1.6 km run in Hilly Terrain Areas: – (i) Between 5000 ft to 9000 ft – Additional 30 secs. (ii) Between 9000 ft to 12000 ft – Additional 120 secs.
Other Important Links
|Apply Online||Click here|