The Karnataka Common Entrance Test KCET 2019 Engineering is being conducted for the purpose of determining the eligibility/merit, for admission of Karnataka candidates and the ward/s of Jammu & Kashmiri migrants to the First year or First semester of full-time courses for Government share of seats in Engineering Course in Government / University / Private Aided / Private Unâ€Aided Professional Educational Institutions in the State of Karnataka for the academic year 2019-20.
More details about the KCET Engineering Entrance exam will be updated time to time in the other sections of this article
Important details and information about KCET – Engineering Entrance Exam.
|Entrance Exam||KCET – Engineering Entrance Exam|
|Full Name||Karnataka Common Entrance Test – Engineering|
|Category||Engineering Entrance Exam|
|Entrance Status||Application Form Not released|
Important Dates for KCET – Engineering Entrance Exam are listed below. It includes Application form dates, exam date, result date etc.
|Start of Online Application Form||NA||Not Announced Yet|
|End of Online Application Form||NA||Not Announced Yet|
|Last Date to pay Online Application Fee||NA||Not Announced Yet|
|Date of Release of Admit Card||NA||Not Announced Yet|
|Exam Date||NA||Not Announced Yet|
|Date of release of Answer key||NA||Not Announced Yet|
KCET – Engineering Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for the Students appearing in KCET for engineering course are given below.
- Must have passed the 12th class exam or second-year pre-university or equivalent
- Must have compulsory subjects along with Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Biology/Electronics/Computer Science as optional subjects with English as one of the languages of study
- For Engineering/Technology courses, an aggregate minimum of 45% marks for general category and 40% for in optional subjects in the qualifying examination is required.
- In case of marks obtained in Chemistry being less than required for aggregate percentage, the marks obtained in Bio-Technology/Biology/Electronics/Computer Science in qualifying examination will be considered instead of Chemistry.
- However, the above shall apply only for the determination of eligibility and not for rank determination for Engineering/Technology courses.
- The engineering rank list will be prepared and published on the basis of performance of candidates in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in both qualifying examination and Common Entrance Test.
KCET – Engineering Entrance Exam Exam Pattern
Exam pattern for the Karnataka Common Entrance Test for Engineering 2019 is given below.
There will be a total of 180 questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Test for the Kannada Language will also be there if applicable.
KCET 2019 Exam pattern
|Section||No. of Question||Marks Allotted||Duration|
|Kannada (if applicable)||50||50||60|
There is no negative marking in KCET. Candidates are advised not to leave any question unanswered. Choose the option your most sure of.
Other Important Links
Important Links for the Students applying for the Karnataka Common Entrance Test – KCET 2019 are given below.
Students are suggested to visit this page time to time as will be updating all important links in this section.
|Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2019 Online Apply||Click here|
|KCET 2019 Official Notification||Click here|
|Official Website for KCET||Click here|
|KCET Exam Pattern and syllabus 2019||Click here|
|Karnataka CET – KCET Participating colleges||Click here|
|KCET Last year question papers download pdf format||Click here|
|KCET Last year cut off||Click here|
|Download KCET Admit card 2019||Click here|
|KCET Exam Result 2019||Click here|
|KCET Counselling||Click here|