Council of Architecture conducts National Aptitude Test in Architecture every year to taking admissions in Bachelor of Architecture exam in various engineering colleges of India. There are about 450 institutions presently imparting architectural education in India leading to recognized qualifications.
In this article we have provided NATA Previous year papers / Model test papers to download free of cost.
NATA 2018 Exam Pattern
Questions and all instructions will be available only in English medium
|Subject||Distribution of Marks||Marks per question||Total Marks|
|Mathematics (20 Qs)||20||2||40|
|General Aptitude (40 Qs)||40||2||80|
|Drawing (2 Qs)||2||40||80|
Mathematics & General Aptitude Test
- Only one option is correct and correct response will yield 2 (two) marks.
- There is no negative marking, but wrong answering will be penalized in case of tie breaking, as elaborated below.
Candidate has to attempt two questions within 90 minutes. The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner;
- Visualising and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings;
- Sense of perspective drawing;
- Combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form;
- Creating interesting two dimensional composition using given shapes and forms;
- Creating visual harmony using colours in given composition;
- Understanding of scale and proportions;
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
Download NATA Previous year Papers
National Aptitude test for architecture previous year question papers are given below. There is two division in the exam, 1st contains questions from the mathematics and general aptitude as mentioned above and 2nd contains questions from the drawing part.
Both parts are compulsory. Below we have provided the question papers for NATA Exam – Drawing and Mathematics & General aptitude test questions.
- NATA Previous year Paper – Drawing Test 1
- NATA Previous year Paper – Drawing Test 2
- NATA Previous year Paper 1
- NATA Previous year Paper 3
- NATA Previous year Paper 4