What to study and What to skip? A smart preparation is very much needed for the students preparing for the NIFT Entrance Exam 2019. In order to solve this problem, we are sharing the NIFT Syllabus 2019 for Graduation and Postgraduation Entrance exam. Candidates preparing for this must check out the syllabus thoroughly.
Basic Details about the NIFT 2019 Entrance Exam.
|Name of Entrance Exam||NIFT|
|Full Name||National Institute of Fashion Technology|
|Category||Fashion Entrance Exam|
|University||National Institute of Fashion Technology|
|Entrance Status||Application Form Released|
|Start of Online Application Form||22nd Oct 2018|
|Last Date to apply online for the NIFT Entrance Exam||30th Dec 2018|
|Application Fee||General / OBC: 2000/- and Other Categories: 1000/-|
|Exam Date||20th January 2019|
|Date of release of result||May / June 2019|
|Number of Institutes||16|
|Ratings of NIFT Colleges||A++|
NIFT Syllabus 2019 for All Programmes is given below. The syllabus includes General Ability Test – GAT, Situation Test and Group Discussion and Personal Interview Syllabus and Types of questions may be asked in the entrance exam 2019.
General Ability Test (for all programmes) Syllabus
- Quantitative Ability: This sub-test is designed to test the quantitative ability of the candidates. The subtest consists of questions on Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, and Distance.
- Communication Ability and English Comprehension: This sub-test is aimed at testing the language ability of the candidates in day to day communication in English. It includes questions on synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, singular, plural, one-word substitutes, idioms and phrases, correct spellings, comprehends a situation from a given passage etc.
- Analytical Ability and Logical Ability: This sub-test is designed to test the candidate’s capacity for inference and logic from the given information and to evaluate the candidate’s ability to identify the given problem and apply reasoning in solving the core issues of the problem. Concepts and practice of creative and lateral thinking are likely to be useful.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: This sub-test is designed to test the candidate’s general knowledge and current affairs.
- Case Study: This sub-test is based on a situation of an industry environment. It helps to evaluate the candidate’s managerial ability.
Shortlisted candidates from the written entrance examination are required to take the Situation test/Group Discussion (GD) / Interview as applicable (except B.FTech).
Situation Test Syllabus For Undergraduate Design Programmes
Shortlisted candidates for B.Des from the written entrance examination are required to take a Situation Test which is a hands-on test to evaluate the candidate’s skills for material handling and innovative ability on a given situation with a given set of materials.
No additional material will be provided/allowed. The model will be evaluated on space visualization, innovative and creative use of given material, the composition of elements, color scheme, construction skill, the finesse of the model and overall presentation etc. These parameters will be checked with the write up explaining the concept behind the model constructed. Since the medium of instruction in NIFT is English, the write-up will be in English. No marks will be given for write-up in any other language.
The use of outside/additional material in making the model/design is not permitted. Also, candidates who try to disclose their identity by writing any personal details or place any identification mark on the model/ design/write-up shall be considered “DISQUALIFIED” and the final result of these candidates shall not be declared.
The evaluation of the test will be done by the Jury on the spot. The model will not be preserved for future reference.
Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD/PI) – For all PG Programmes
Shortlisted candidates for Masters Programmes from the written entrance examination are required to undergo Case Study based Group Discussions (GD)and Personal Interview (PI). GD would comprise approximately 15 to 20 minutes of discussion on a case study assigned, on which a panel of experts will assess the candidates on various parameters including:
- Conceptual clarity
- Knowledge of the topic assigned
- Contribution made to the topic
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to generate new ideas
- Problem solving approach
- Leadership qualities
- Effective communication
Candidates shall be evaluated on the various parameters as listed below by a panel, in the Personal Interview:
- Career orientation
- Aptness for the course
- Overall personal achievements in academics and co-curricular activities
- General awareness and aptitude, creative and lateral thinking
NIFT Entrance Exam 2019 Important Links
In the links given below, candidates can find, official notification, prospectus, Previous year Papers, Exam Pattern, and other important Links.
|Official Prospectus for NIFT 2019||Click here|
|NIFT 2019 Guidelines||Click here|
|Apply Online for NIFT 2019||Click Here|
|NIFT 2019 Exam Pattern and Selection Process||Click here|
|NIFT Entrance Exam Syllabus 2019||Click here|
|List of NIFT Colleges and Their Ranking||Click here|
|NIFT 2019 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|NIFT Previous year question papers (Model Test Papers for the year 2019)||Click Here|
|NIFT 2019 Eligibility Criteria: Educational Qualification and Age Limit||Click Here|
|NIFT Entrance Exam Books and Study material 2019||Click Here|
|NIFT 2019 Admit Card||Click Here|
|NIFT 2019 Result||Click Here|
|Counselling for NIFT 2019 Admissions||Click Here|
|NIFT B. Design Cut off||Click Here|
|NIFT Bachelor of Fashion Technology Last year Cut off||Click Here|
|NIFT Master of Design Previous year Cut off||Click Here|
|NIFT Cut off: Master of Fashion Management||Click Here|
|NIFT Cut off rank: Master of Fashion Technology||Click Here|
|List of Fashion Entrance Exams||Click Here|
|Fashion Entrance Exam Mobile Application||Click Here|