Railway Protection Force has advertised the vacancy for the post of RPF Constable. All interested and eligible candidates for the post of RPF Constable 2018 can apply online. More details about the Railway Protection Force RPF Constable are listed below. The Total number of vacancies under this recruitment is 8619. Further division of the vacancies category wise / state wise for Railway Protection Force RPF Constable 2018 are shared below.
RPF Constable and Sub Inspector Exam Date
All the candidates must save the date for RPF Constable and Sub Inspector recruitment exam. It will start from 19th of December 2018
Important details and information about Railway Protection Force RPF Constable & Sub Inspector 2018 in Railway Protection Force.
|Name of Post||RPF Constable & Sub Inspector|
|Department||Railway Protection Force|
|Number of Vacancies||8619|
|Recruiting Body||Railway Protection Force|
|Application Fee||500/- General / OBC and 250 for rest|
|Place of Posting||Anywhere India|
|Recruiting Body||Railway Protection Force|
Important Dates for RPF Constable & Sub Inspector are listed below. It includes Application form dates, exam date, result date etc.
|Release of Notification||2017-06-01||No Remark Available|
|Start of Online Application Form||2017-06-01||No Remark Available|
|End of Online Application Form||2018-06-30||No Remark Available|
|Last Date to pay Online Application Fee||2018-07-02||No Remark Available|
|Last Date to pay Offline Application Fee||2018-07-05||No Remark Available|
|Last Date to Complete Application Form||2018-07-16||No Remark Available|
|Exam Start Date||2018-12-19||No Remark Available|
Railway Protection Force RPF Constable & Sub Inspector Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate must be a citizen of India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
- Educational Qualification: SSLC/Matric from a recognized Board.
Upper Age limit
|Category||Lower Age limit|
|OBC Non Creamy Layer||02.07.90||01.07.2000|
Seats (Category wise / State & District Wise)
|SR, SWR & SCR||A||Male||656||32||82||34||804|
|CR, WR, WCR, & SECR||B||Male||329||51||42||18||440|
|ER, ECR, SER, ECoR||C||Male||877||92||184||134||1287|
|NR, NER, NWR, NCR||D||Male||761||65||152||68||1046|
|1.||For all candidates except the fee concession categories mentioned below at Sl No. 2 * Rs. 400/- shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges on appearing in CBT.||Rs. 500|
|2.||For candidates belonging to SC/ST/Exserviceman/Female/Minorities/Economically backward class. * This fee of Rs. 250/- shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges on appearing in CBT.||Rs. 250|
The entire recruitment process shall involve a
- Computer Based Test (CBT),
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Physical Measurement Test (PMT), and
- Document Verification (DV).
Railway Protection Force RPF Constable & Sub Inspector Exam Pattern
|1.||General Awareness||50 Marks|
|3.||General Intelligence & reasoning||35 Marks|
The standard of examination will be 10th/Matric level.
Candidates will be required to answer all questions and shall be awarded 01(one) mark for each correct answer. Negative marks shall be awarded for every wrong answer. 1/3 marks shall be deducted for every wrong answer. No mark shall be awarded or deducted for questions not attempted.
Railway Protection Force RPF Constable & Sub Inspector Syllabus
- General Awareness (50 marks): Questions will be aimed at testing the candidateâ€™s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society; to test knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observations and experiences as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to Indian History, Art & Culture, Geography, Economics, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Sports, General Science etc.
- Arithmetic(35 marks): Questions on Number systems, whole numbers, decimal and fractions and relationships between numbers, fundamental arithmetical operations, percentages, ratio and proportion, averages, interest, profit and loss, discount, use of table and graphs, mensuration, time and distance, ratio and proportion etc.
- General Intelligence & reasoning(35 marks): Questions on analogies,similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc
Railway Protection Force RPF Constable & Sub Inspector Physical Details
|Category||1600 metes run||800 meters run||Long Jump||High Jump|
|Constable (Male)||5 min 45 sec||–||14 feet||4 feet|
|Constable (female)||—||3 min 40 sec||9 feet||3 feet|
For 1600/800 meters event only one chance will be given. For the remaining events viz Long Jump and High jump, the candidates will be given up to 2 chances each.
Ex-servicemen shall be exempted from PET, However, they will have to undergo PMT.
A Candidate must qualify in all Tests as per above norm to be eligible for consideration.
All the candidates qualifying in 1600 mtrs/800 mtrs will be measured for eligibility with respect to height and chest. Chest measurement will be taken only for male candidates. If a male candidateâ€™s unexpanded chest measurement is below eligibility limit, expanded measurement shall not be taken and he shall be treated as disqualified.
Best and Recommended Books
Other Important Links
|Download Exam Date Notice||Constable | SI|
|Login to Complete SI Form 2018||Click Here|
|Login to Complete Constable Form||Click Here|
|Re Print Application Form||Click Here|
|Modify / Correction||Click Here|
|Download Notification||English | Hindi|
|Official Website||Click Here|