How to prepare General Intelligence and Reasoning for SSC CGL 2020
- Solve practice papers and last year question papers.
- Practice GI and Reasoning questions every day.
- Topics like puzzles, figure-based questions, analogy, coding-decoding, series, are particularly scoring. Start solving these and then, move on to more versatile questions.
- Non-verbal reasoning topics like image assembling, figure-counting, etc. demand you to employ visual imagination. Do not skip or ignore these questions as they may seem time-consuming to you initially. Practising them is the best way to make them less time-consuming.
- While practising, you should aim at attempting at least 15-20 questions in 20 minutes with reasonable accuracy. In the exam as well, try to complete this section in not more than 20 minutes.
How to Prepare General Awareness for SSC CGL 2020
- Focus more on static GK and concurrently stay in touch with the current affairs.
- Prepare the subjects in the order of priority mentioned here; it is in accordance with the trends observed in the last few years. Science, Polity, History, Geography, Economy and Miscellaneous
- Static GK is related to Culture, Indian History, Economy, Geography (India + World), Polity and Environment.
- Avoid cramming. Make notes and mind maps to remember facts, a chronology of historical events and dates.
How to Prepare Quantitative Aptitude for SSC CGL 2020
- Begin with the topics like percentage; profit and loss; speed, distance and time; boat and stream questions; ratio and proportion; data interpretation, etc.
- Shortcut tricks can help you big time in Quantitative Aptitude.
- Memorize all important formula by heart.
- Try to alot at least 2 hours every day to practice questions from QA.
How to Prepare English Section for SSC CGL 2020
- The three key aspects that you need to efficiently prepare for SSC CGL Tier 1 English test are vocabulary, grammar, and comprehension. Half the battle is won if you achieve proficiency in vocabulary and grammar.
- The pattern and questions in this exam are repeated time and again. Thus, thorough preparation can help you wrap up this whole section in not more than 20 minutes.
- Practice at least 2 comprehension passages each day. Whenever you come across a new word, look for its meaning, synonyms, and antonyms.
- Skim through the newspapers daily.