SSC has released exam dates for SSC CGL exams to be conducted in 2019-20. The Preliminary Exam of SSC CGL 2018-19 is scheduled from 04th June to 19th June 2019, Tier-II Examination is scheduled from 11th September to 13th September 2019 and Tier-III Exam will be conducted on 29th December 2019.
A fair knowledge of SSC CGL Syllabus for Tier-I, Tier-II & III Exam is necessary to prepare for this exam. Let us understand the SSC CGL 2018-19 Tier I, II, III & IV Syllabus based on the latest pattern.
SSC CGL Tier I Exam Pattern & syllabus
Tier 1 exam is an objective type of exam which will be held online. It has 4 sections having 100 questions. Each question carries 2 marks which are about a total of 200 marks. The subject wise marks are shown below.
|S. No||Subjects||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|1||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|| |
(80 Minutes for VH & Candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy.
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Similarities and differences
- Space visualization
- Spatial orientation
- Problem solving & Analysis
- Judgment & Decision making
- Visual memory
- Discrimination & Observation
- Relationship Concepts
- Arithmetical Reasoning and figural classification
- Arithmetic Number Series
- Coding and decoding
- Statement conclusion
- Syllogism & reasoning
- Semantic Analogs
- Symbolic Number Analogs
- Figure Analogs
- Semantic Classification
- Symbolic/ Number Classification
- Figural Classification
- Semantic Series
- Number Series
- Figural Series
- Problem Solving
- Word Building
- Numerical Operations
- Symbolic Operations
- Space orientation & visualization
- Venn diagrams
- Drawing inferences
- Punched hole / pattern- folding & unfolding
- Figural pattern-folding and completion
- Address matching
- Date & city matching
- Classification of centre codes/roll numbers
- Small & capital letters/numbers coding
- Decoding and classification
- Embedded figures
- Critical thinking
- Emotional & social intelligence
- Computation of whole numbers decimals
- Fractions and relationship between numbers
- Ratio & proportion
- Square roots
- Profit and loss
- Partnership business
- Mixture and allegation
- Time and distance
- Time & work
- Basic algebraic identities of school algebra & Elementary surds
- Graphs of linear equation
- Triangle and its various kinds of centres
- Congruence and similarities of triangles
- Circle and its chords, tangles
- Angles subtended by chords of a circle
- Common tangents to two or more circles
- Regular polygons
- Right prism
- Right circular cone
- Right circular cylinder
- Sphere hemispheres
- Rectangular parallelepiped
- Regular right pyramid with triangular or square base
- Trigonometric ratio
- Degree and radian measures
- Standard identities
- Complementary angles
- Heights and distances
- Frequency polygon
- Bar diagram & pie chart
- India and its neighbouring countries
- General politics & scientific research
- Current affairs
- Reading comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Phrases and idioms
- One word substitution
- Sentence correction
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Tier 2 exam is an objective type of exam which is conducted online. Each question carries 2 marks which are about a total of 200 marks. The subject wise marks are shown below.
|S.No||Subject||No. of questions||Max. marks||Duration|
|1||Quantitative aptitude||100||200||2 Hrs|
|2||English Language and comprehension||200||200||2 Hrs|
|4||General studies (finance and economics)||100||200||2Hrs|
- Paper 1 and paper 2 exams are compulsory for all posts.
- Paper 3 is only for statistical; investigator group 2 & compiler.
- Paper 4 is only for Assistant audit officer.
- It has negative marking for each wrong answer.
- For each wrong answer, it will deduct 0.5 marks in paper 1, 3 and 4. 0.25 marks will be deducted in paper 2.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Pattern & Syllabus:
This is a descriptive type of exam which is available in both English and Hindi. It is held in offline mode. The candidates need to write essay/ letter/ application Precis.
- It is a qualifying exam and the duration is about 60 minutes
- The duration is about 80 minutes for physically disabled people.
SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam syllabus
It has a Data entry speed test and CPT (Computer proficiency test)
Date entry test (DEST): it is a qualifying test for all posts. Candidates should type 2000 words accurately within the 15 minutes of time.
Computer proficiency test (CPT): it has three modules such as word processing, spreadsheet and generation of slides. This is only applicable for assistants of CSS.