Syllabus for HSTES LEET Exam 2017
As the notification for the HSTES LEET Exam (Haryana Lateral Entry 2017) Is out. You all should start studying for the exam and first apply for the same. To help you with your studies we have provided the detailed and comprehensive syllabus for the HSTES LEET (Lateral Entry Exam 2017) Syllabus. Below you can find the syllabus for HSTES LEET Exam 2017. Stick to his syllabus and buy good books for the HSTES LEET Exam 2017. Model test papers for HSTES Leet exam are also available in our other posts.
Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic Progressions, Binomial expansion, Matrices, Elementary operations, Rank of a matrix, Parabola, Ellipse and Hyperbola, Differentiation of a function, implicit function, parametric function. Successive differentiation. Maxima and Minima, Partial Differentiation, Definite and indefinite Integration. First order and first-degree ordinary differential equations.
- Units and Dimensions with Dimensional analysis and their Limitations.
- Motion in one and two dimensions and Newton’s Laws of Motion.
- Work and Energy, and Conservation Laws of Energy
- Properties of matter i.e. Elasticity, surface tension and viscosity in a fluid motion.
- Waves and vibration, Characteristics of waves and simple Harmonic motion.
- Rotational motion, Conservation of angular momentum.
- Gravitation, Newton’s law of gravitation, Kepler’s law and Satellite.
- Heat and temperature, measurement of temperature and mode of transfer of heat and their laws.
- Geometric optics and simple optical instruments.
- Simple laws of electrostatics and their use to find the E and Potential, Capacitors and dielectric
- Laser, its principle and use, superconductivity, Conventional and non-conventional energy sources.
Hard and soft water, types of hardness, disadvantages of hardness of water, its causes and its remedies
Brief introduction of the term
- Equivalent weight
- PH value
- Definition of symbol, formula, valence & chemical equation.
Words, antonyms and synonyms, communication technique Grammatical ability
- correction incorrect sentences
General awareness about Technical Education in Haryana such as:
- Name of Polytechnic, Number of Polytechnics and sanctioned intake
- Eligibility for admission to LEET
- Number of Institutions offering BE/B.Tech. & B.Pharmacy.
- Name the Processes involved in on-line off campus counseling.
- General awareness about Haryana
- Name of Ministers/Chief Minister/Governor
- No. of Districts/Tehsils/Blocks/villages
- Total population of State/Area of state/Boundary states of Haryana, History of Haryana
- General awareness about country, General awareness about Polytechnics
ELEMENTS OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
- Electrical and Magnetic Circuits, EMF, Kirchhoff’s laws and Faraday’s Laws, Network theorems.
- AC Circuits, RMS value, behavior of RLC elements, series and parallel circuits, series, and parallel
- Transformers, Introductions to single phase and three phase transformers
- DC Machines, Theory, constructions, and operation of DC generator and motor.
- Induction Motor, Principle, construction and operation of three phase induction motors.
- Transmission and Distribution, Advantage of high voltage for transmission, comparison of 3
phase, single phase, 2 phase and three wire D.C.Systems
ELEMENTS OF ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
Measurements & Instrumentation, Errors, standards, accuracy precision resolution, Ammeters, voltmeters, wattmeters and energy meters, insulation tester, earth tester, multimeter, CRO, measurement of V, I & F on CRO low, medium & high resistance measurement, AC Bridges, Transducers for measurement of temperature, displacement, Communication System, Types of modulation, demodulation. Analog Electronics, Semiconductor diode circuits, more zen diode and zener diode circuits, LED, Photodiode, BJT, FET & their configurations and characteristics, Biasing, small signal & large signal amplifiers,
OPAMPS, oscillators, regulated power supply. Digital Electronics, Number System, conversion from one to another system, Binary arithmetic, codes conversion & parity; Logic gates; Boolean algebra, Flip, Flop. Industrial Electronics and Control, SCR, DIAC, TRIAC.
ELEMENTS OF COMPUTER ENGINEERING
Fundamentals of Computers, Organization of Digital Computers, Data Processing, High-Level Languages, Translators, Compilers, Interpreters, algorithms, Flow Charting, Instructions, assembly language Programming.
- Computer Organization, Overview of registers, bus organized computers, instruction set, Instruction
execution, Hard-wired and micro programmed control units, Processor
- Organization. Memory Organization: Cache and virtual memory, I/O organization.
- Operating Systems, Overview of Operating Systems, Basic functions, concept of process, scheduling,
memory management, critical section, synchronization, monitors.
- Programming in C, Steps in Program development, flowcharting, algorithm, C Language: Data types,
Console I/O program control statements, arrays, structures, unions functions, pointers, enumerated data
types and type statement, File handling, C standard library and header files.
- Basic of Computer networking, LAN, WAN, Internet & Application.
ELEMENTS OF MECHANICALENGINEERING
- Applied Mechanics, Friction, laws of friction, friction applications, centroid of a plane area, simple
machines, screw jack, wheel & axles, a system of pulleys, projectile, work, power, energy.
- Strength of materials, Stress, Strain, Hooks law, stress-strain diagram, temperature stresses, composite
section, Relation between elastic constants, ( E.C.G.) Resilience, Principal stresses, principal planes,
B.M. & S.F. diagram for simply supported and cantilevers, beams, columns & structs.
- Thermodynamics, First law of thermodynamics, second law of thermodynamics, zeroth law, steam
properties, Diesel cycle, otto cycle.
- Modes of Heat Transfer (Conduction, Convection, Radiation).
- Fluid Mechanics, Properties of fluid, Viscosity, Newtonian and Non-Newtonian fluids, Bernoulli‟s
Theorem, Types of Fluid flows, Dimensionless numbers, Measurement of fluid flow by the pilot tube,
Venturimeter, Darcy equation.
ELEMENTS OF PRODUCTION ENGINEERING/ MANUFACTURINGPROCESSES
Workshop Technology, Lathe- operations, turning machining Time, cutting speed, feed, Depth of cut, Drilling,
Type of drilling machines, Drilling operation, Drilling time, Milling, up milling, down milling, milling
operations, milling cutters, milling time, Shaper & Planer Working Principle, Measuring Instruments and
Gauges, Vernier Caliper, Micrometer, Sine Bar, Plug gauges, snap gauges, ring gauges welding, Soldering,
- Material Science, Engg. Materials, Mechanical properties of materials, hardness testing methods,
heat treatment, hardening annealing, tempering, carburizing, Normalizing.
- Engineering Graphics & Drawing, First angle, and third angle projection methods, orthographic views, Isometric views, conventions for lines and materials, Projections of lines and solids (only conceptual questions).
- Foundry, Pattern and their types, molds and molding materials.
- Plastic & their properties, various molding processes of plastic.
- Industrial management, types of organizational structure, qualities & responsibilities of the good leader, methods of quality control, productivity.
Power flow in an automobile
- Gear box & its types,
- use and types of breaks,
- types of clutches,
- basic knowledge of differential,
- lubrication of Engine,
- types of wheels and tyres used in Automobile,
- major automobile industries.
CIVIL ENGG. COURSES
- Introduction to brick, raw materials for bricks, manufacturing of bricks, brick work in the foundation.
- Index properties of soil, seepage of soil.
- Water demand for industrial/Commercial & domestic purposes, per capita demand, various sources of water, Treatment & Disposal of sludge
- Types of foundation (Design not included), Repair & Maintenance of Buildings, Basic principles of surveying chain surveying, Bench Mark, compass surveying, Basics of RCC (elementary knowledge) different grades of concrete, workability, mixing of concrete, compaction of concrete.
- Classification & suitability of various types of doors, roofs.
- Name of earth moving machinery, different types of road material, flexible & rigid pavements, classification of bridges.
- Water requirement of crops, methods of irrigations Concept/meaning/need/competencies/qualities of Entrepreneur classifications of dams & site selection for reservoir classifications of rocks.
- various types of cement & their uses
- The basis of Ecology, Pollution of water its causes & remedial near, Role of non-conventional sources of energy.
TEXTILE ENGG. COURSES
Different types of fibers, Fabrics & yarn manufacturing & performance, Weaving Technology
- Textile testing & quality control
- Modern methods in yarn products
- Bleaching , Dying & Printing.
CHEMICAL / PRINTING ENGG.
Elementary knowledge of; Fluid Flow, Chemical process industry, Agro based industries, Petro chemicals
Introduction of printing machines/presses, types of printing
Classification of various pottery productions, ceramic material & their properties
Vitamins, cereals & Pulses milk & milk powder preservation of food process.
OTHERS ENGG. COURSES
- AGRICULTURE: Introduction to Farm equipment
- Architecture: History of Indian Architecture, building topologies.
- FASHION DESIGN & FASHION TECHNOLOGY: Knowledge of Fashion Technology, History & culture, Introduction to garment manufacturing machines & tools