University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS New Delhi) is a medical college in Dilshad Garden area of Delhi which was established in 1971 as a constituent college of the University of Delhi. The college offers medical & paramedical courses and caters to the health care needs for the East Delhi community and surrounding border areas. The institute is a network centre for the National Drain research Center and serves as the intersection link for AIDS and Safdarjung Hospitals. It is one of the three public trauma centres in Delhi.
The college is affiliated with The University of Delhi and is approved by The Medical Council of India. This institution has a huge campus which includes the Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital(GTB) and has Meritorious Faculty on expert groups of UNICEF, WHO, UNAIDS, World Bank, ICMR, ICMR, NACO, DST, and CSIR. It provides facilities like a central workshop, animal house, hospital laboratory services unit, hostel, medical illustration and photography, medical education unit, skill lab, and a canteen. The college also has technological facilities which include audio-video, telemedicine, electronic assessment.
UCMS New Delhi Eligibility Criteria
- She/he should have attained the age of at least 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the same on or before the 31st of December of the year of her/his admission to the MBBS/ BDS course.
- The candidate should have a passing certificate of a High School Senior Secondary exam(10+2) conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) or a State Board or Equivalent recognized by the Government
- He/She should have secured an aggregate of at least 50% in PCB/Biotech combined.
- NEET PG exam merit.
- Aspirants must possess an MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Hostel: The college has a separate hostel facility for boys and girls with good accommodation facilities. There are two hostels for boys (New and Old) and one hostel for girls all of which have air conditioning, laundry rooms, power backup and internet facility available.
- Library: The UCMS library system consists of a Central Library and 17 Departmental Libraries, which collectively support the teaching, research and extension programs of the college. The Central Library is well equipped with modern facilities and resources in the form of books, journals, the back volume of journals, theses, WHO publications, CD ROMs and internet services. The library strives to provide timely, accurate and current information.
- Hospital: The Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital acts as a Training Hospital has a total bed strength of more than 1000.
- Sports: The college has sports facilities for all students. The college has been participating and organizing various sports events (intra-college as well as inter-college).
- Lecture Hall: The college has three Air Conditioned lecture halls with a seating capacity of 180 each with a side room and a projection room each. There is one lecture hall with a seating capacity of 90. The lecture halls are equipped with good audio-visual aids and active panels, interactive boards and electronic assessment (voting) devices – very useful for interactive sessions and quiz programs.
- Laboratories: There is one central and many other department-based laboratories. There is also a separate central research laboratory.
- Auditorium: An auditorium for seminars, meets, and workshops are present.
- Canteen: The campus has a hostel available for its students and its staff.
- Student Support: Anti-ragging, healthcare and technical support available for the students.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
|MBBS||150||4.5 + 1 yrs.|
Doctor of Medicine
|MD General Medicine||15||3 yrs|
|MD Anaesthesiology||23||3 yrs|
|MD Pharmacology||3||3 yrs|
|MD Paediatrics||6||3 yrs|
|MD Biochemistry||2||3 yrs|
|MD Microbiology||7||3 yrs|
|MD Pathology||14||3 yrs|
|MD Physiology||7||3 yrs|
|MD Dermatology Venereology and Leprosy||3||3 yrs|
|MD Forensic Medicine||7||3 yrs|
|MD Community Medicine||9||3 yrs|
|MD Radiodiagnosis||11||3 yrs|
|MD Obstetrics and Gynaecology||12||3 yrs|
|MS General Surgery||16||3 yrs|
|MS Anatomy||7||3 yrs|
|MS Ophthalmology||5||3 yrs|
|MS ENT||4||3 yrs|
|MS Orthopaedics||9||3 yrs|
|MDS Pedodontics and Preventive Surgery||2||3 yrs|
|BSc Radiography||–||3 yrs|
|MSc Radiology||–||2 yrs|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Child Health||3||2 yrs|
- For Admissions to the UG courses, Candidates can apply through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission to PG courses, Candidates can apply through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- All the Eligibility criteria need to be fulfilled as mentioned under the Eligibility Criteria.
NEET Cut Off Records
Minimum Qualifying Percentile
Number Of Candidates Qualified
|Scheduled Caste(SC)||40 percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe(ST)||40 percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes(OBC)||40 percentile||118-96||54,653|
Minimum Qualifying Percentile
Number of Candidates Qualified
College Ranking and Reputation
The University College of Medical Sciences(UCMS), Delhi is one of the most prestigious medical government colleges of the Capital. It has an excellent infrastructure and very experienced and meritious faculty that provides quality education. The college is equipped with modern facilities and offers great accommodation at the hostel. With a total of 21 departments and a brilliant campus and education provided, UCMS was ranked 5th amongst Medical colleges by India Today in 2017, 14th by The Week and 13th by The Outlook.
Based on reviews, and suggestions by its alumni the college scores a splendid 9.5/10 on the review scale.
Address: University College of Medical Sciences, Dilshad Garden, Delhi – 110 095, India
E-mail: [email protected]
Phones: 011-22582106, 22592972, 22592371