Online Applications are invited from Eligible Indian Nationals for direct recruitment to the following posts of Assistant Engineer (Trainee) under E&M cadre and Assistant Engineer (Trainee) under Civil cadre against category-wise vacancies under Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd. (UPPCL) as detailed below.
Application received through any other modes is not acceptable, so the candidates are advised to apply online within the time limit
Important details and information about UPPCL Assistant Engineer 2018 in Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited.
|Name of Post||Assistant Engineer|
|Department||Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited|
|Number of Vacancies||299|
|Application Fee||Gen / OBC: 1000/- & SC/ST: 700/-|
|Place of Posting||Uttar Pradesh|
Important Dates for Assistant Engineer are listed below. It includes Application form dates, exam date, result date etc.
|Release of Notification||2018-11-06||No Remark Available|
|Start of Online Application Form||2018-11-06||No Remark Available|
|End of Online Application Form||2018-11-30||No Remark Available|
|Last Date to pay Online Application Fee||2018-11-30||No Remark Available|
|Last Date to Complete Application Form||2018-11-30||No Remark Available|
UPPCL Assistant Engineer Eligibility Criteria
Imortant requirements for UPPCL Assistant Engineer are shared below. It includes Educational Qualification as well as age criteria.
Essential Educational Qualifications required for the Assistant Engineer post in Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation limited are given below.
- Candidates should have sufficient knowledge of Hindi in Devanagari Lipi.
- Electrical Engineering Category: A degree in Electrical Engineering or a mixed discipline degree / combined with Electrical Engineering.
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Category: A degree in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering Category: A degree in Computer Science Engineering or Information technology or Technology a mixed discipline degree combined with either Computer Science Engineering or Information Technology
- A degree In Civil Engineering from a University OR Institution established by law in Uttar Pradesh or from any other Institution recognized by the state government, or a degree or Diploma recognized as equivalent thereto by the State Government OR
- Section-“A’ & “B” the associate membership of the Institution of Engineers (India) OR
- Be an associate member of the institution of Civil Engineers (London).
- The above degree must be obtained from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act 1956, as a full-time regular degree course (OR) passed Section A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India) in relevant discipline as mentioned above.
- Degree/Diploma received through Distance Learning Education will not be eligible in direct recruitment as well as in promotion.
Minimum and maximum age limit required for the Assistant Engineer post in UPPCL.
Age: Minimum 21 years and maximum 40 years as on 01-07-2018.
Relaxation in upper age limit:
- Apprenticeship training under Apprenticeship Act 1961-Actual period of apprenticeship, subject 12 months.
- OBC (non-creamy layer) /SC/ ST of Uttar Pradesh domicile -5 years.
- Dependents of Freedom Fighter of Uttar Pradesh domicile -5 years.
- Physically Handicapped candidates (Disability type-OA/”OL/PB/PD only) As per rules of U.P. Govt. – 15 years. However, the maximum age of a candidate availing all relaxations shall not exceed 55 years.
Seats (Category wise / State & District Wise)
Candidates can apply for the 4 different streams of Electrical, Computer Science, Electronics and Telecommunication, and civil engineering.
Seat Distribution for these vacancies is given below.
|Ast. Engineer (Electrical)||132||31||17||0||180|
|Ast. Engineer (Computer)||19||14||6||1||40|
|Ast. Engineer (Electronic)||26||20||14||1||61|
|Ast. Engineer (Civil)||12||5||1||0||18|
UPPCL Assistant Engineer Online Application Form
Application Form, Payment mode and other general details are available at UPPCL official website www.uppcl.org Candidates are advised to Login to the website and follow the instructions carefully given therein step by step, for completing and submission of Application Form.
The selection will be based on the computer-based written test examination and personal interview.
The question paper shall comprise of questions of different difficulty level.
- 75% questions shall be from the Bachelor of Engineering level
- 10% questions of General Knowledge/Awareness,
- 10% questions of Reasoning/aptitude and
- 5% questions of General Hindi.
Each question will carry mark, according to the difficulty level of that question. Each correct answer shall carry mark assigned to it and each wrong answer shall carry a negative mark of 25% of the marks assigned to it ( i.e. If a question is of one mark /two marks, then In case of the wrong answer, negative marks shall be 0.25/0.50 respectively).
If the numbers of applicant candidates are more, and the exam is conducted in more than one shift/days, the normalization formula will be used to prepare merit of shortlist/select list.
Candidates, who obtain less than 30 % marks in CBT, will not be eligible for the further stage of selection for Interview. Maximum numbers of candidates to be shortlisted for interview will be equal to 2 times the number of category-wise vacancies. Candidates having equal marks as that of last shortlisted candidate will also be called for interview. If a candidate is shortlisted for interview, then appearing In interview is compulsory, failing which his/her candidature will be treated as canceled. The place and time of Interview will be decided by ESC separately. The SELECT list shall be prepared on the basis of the combined marks obtained in the C$T and Interview.
Best and Recommended Books
Other Important Links
Candidates applying for the post of assistant engineer must be looking for the important links such as apply online, official notification for the UPPCL Assistant Engineer, Official website for UPPCL.
Some other links such as exam pattern, previous year papers etc.