UPSC has advertised the vacancy for the post of Assistant Commandant. All interested and eligible candidates for the post of Assistant Commandant 2019 can apply online. More details about the UPSC Assistant Commandant are listed below. The Total number of vacancies under this recruitment is 323. Further division of the vacancies category wise / state wise for UPSC Assistant Commandant 2019 are shared below.
Important details and information about UPSC Assistant Commandant 2019 in Central Armed Police Forces.
|Name of Post||Assistant Commandant|
|Department||Central Armed Police Forces|
|Number of Vacancies||323|
|Application Fee||Gen / OBC: 200/- & SC/ST: 0/-|
|Place of Posting||Anywhere India|
Important Dates for Assistant Commandant are listed below. It includes Application form dates, exam date, result date etc.
|Release of Notification||2019-04-24||No Remark Available|
|Start of Online Application Form||2019-04-24||No Remark Available|
|End of Online Application Form||2019-05-20||No Remark Available|
|Exam Date||2019-08-18||No Remark Available|
UPSC Assistant Commandant Eligibility Criteria
Imortant requirements for UPSC Assistant Commandant are shared below. It includes Educational Qualification as well as age criteria.
Essential Educational qualifications for the Assistant Commandant in CAPF.
- As part of UPSC CAPF Eligibility Criteria, candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a government recognised university. The University should be incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India
- Other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 are also acceptable
- Those candidates, who have appeared in the qualifying examination and have yet not got their results, can also apply for CAPF Exam. But, it must be kept in mind that the admission would be provisional until the candidate produces proof of passing the examination after qualifying the entrance test of CAPF
Important information about the Age limit of Assistant commandant in CPF 2019.
- The candidate must have acquired a minimum age of 20 years. The upper age limit of the candidate must be 25 years. However, the upper age limit up to a maximum of five years can be relaxed for candidates belonging to SC/ST category
- Up to a maximum of three years for the candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes can be relaxed.
Seats (Category wise / State & District Wise)
Total seats in various central armed forces for the post of assistant commandant is given below.
|S No||Security Forces||Vacancies|
|1||Border Security Force (BSF)||100|
|2||Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)||108|
|3||Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)||28|
|4||Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)||21|
|5||Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)||66|
Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs.200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
UPSC Assistant Commandant Exam Pattern
The written examination is going to be conducted by the UPSC on August 18, 2019, and will comprise two papers, i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II and the structure as follows:
Paper-I: General Ability and Intelligence – 250 Marks
The questions in this paper will be of objective (multiple answers) type in which the questions will be set in English as well as Hindi.
Paper-II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension – 200 Marks
The candidates will be allowed the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi for this paper, but the medium of Precis Writing, Comprehension Components, and other communications/language skills will be English only.
- In Paper II, candidates should have to ensure that they should have to write the answers only in the medium allowed by the Commission for the different Components as mentioned.
- Other than the allowed medium, no credit will be given for answers written other than the selected language. So, candidates will be required to indicate the medium of Essay Component in the Attendance Lists and on the Answer Book.
- No credit will be given for the Essay Component if the candidate indicates a medium on the Attendance List and on the Answer Book other than the one in which he/she has written the Essay.
- In each paper, there will be minimum qualifying marks separately as fixed by the Commission in their discretion. Firstly, Paper-I will be evaluated and the evaluation of Paper-II will be done only for those candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I.
UPSC Assistant Commandant Physical Details
For those candidates who meet the prescribed Physical Standards will be put through the Physical Efficiency Tests as mentioned below:
|Type Of Test
||Males – Total Time Limit & Distance To Qualify||Females – Total Time Limit & Distance To Qualify|
|100 Meters Race||In 16 Seconds||In 18 Seconds|
|800 Meters Race||In 3 Minutes 45 Seconds||In 4 Minutes 45 Seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meters||3 Meters|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs)||4.5 Meters||–|
List of various exam centres a candidate can select is given below. All the CAPF Aspirants must note that the exam centre once selected can”t be changed.
|Dehradun||Jorhat||Port Blair & Prayagraj (Allahabad)||Visakhapatnam|
Other Important Links
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Pay Exam Fee / Part II Registration||Click Here|
|Re Print Form||Click Here|
|Download Notification||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|