Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences Saifai which was earlier known as the U.P. Rural Institute of Medical Sciences and Research is state-run medical school and a medical research public university which was established in the year 2006. In February 2015, the government of Uttar Pradesh started the process to bring up a medical university in the state by upgrading the existing Uttar Pradesh Rural Institute of Medical Sciences and Research. The bill was approved in 2016 making it a university. The university is well set-up and has an 850 bedded multi-speciality hospital, a 150 bedded trauma and health centre, a 500 bedded super speciality hospital and 300 bedded Obstetrics & Gynaecology and Paediatrics hospital is being established in the University by Government of Uttar Pradesh.
The university is affiliated to Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences and is approved by The Medical Council of India(MCI). It offers aspirants a variety of courses both – Undergraduate and Postgraduate with an annual intake of 150 students for the MBBS course.
Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences SaifaiEligibility Criteria
- She/he should have attained the age of at least 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the same on or before the 31st of December of the year of her/his admission to the MBBS/ BDS course.
- The candidate should have a passing certificate of a High School Senior Secondary exam(10+2) conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) or a State Board or Equivalent recognized by the Government
- He/She should have secured an aggregate of at least 50% in PCB/Biotech combined.
- NEET PG exam merit.
- Aspirants must possess an MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Hostel: The college has a separate hostel facility for boys and girls with good accommodation facilities.
- Library: The Library has a wealth of database with more than 14600 books and has advanced systems to retrieve medical information, having online access to one of the best products available in the field of Medical Sciences i.e. ProQuest Medical Library. The Central Library is regularly conducting innovative Information keeping alongside its readers’ with the latest literature in their specific area of interest, for the benefit of students, researchers and Faculty members
- Hospital: The university has an 850 bedded Multi Specialty hospital and a 150 bedded trauma and burn centre. 500 bedded super speciality hospital and 300 bedded Obstetrics & Gynaecology and Paediatrics hospital is being established in the University by Government of Uttar Pradesh.
- Sports: The college has sports facilities for all students. It has an international stadium for cricket, international hockey turf stadium, international athletic track for extracurricular activities.
- Laboratories: The College has departmental based laboratories for the students.
- Canteen: The college has a cafeteria for its students and staff.
- Gym: The college has a gym facility available for students.
- Student Support: Anti-ragging, healthcare and technical support available for the students.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
|MBBS||150||4.5 + 1 yrs.|
Doctor of Medicine
|MD General Medicine||6||3 yrs|
|MD Anaesthesia||9||3 yrs|
|MD Pharmacology||3||3 yrs|
|MD Paediatrics||6||3 yrs|
|MD Biochemistry||5||3 yrs|
|MD Microbiology||4||3 yrs|
|MD Pathology||4||3 yrs|
|MD Physiology||5||3 yrs|
|MD Community Medicine||11||3 yrs|
|MD Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases Pulmonary Medicine||2||3 yrs|
|MD Radiotherapy.||8||3 yrs|
|MD Anatomy||5||3 yrs|
Master of Surgery
|MS General Surgery||7||3 yrs|
|MS Obstetrics and Gynaecology||–||3 yrs|
|MS Ophthalmology||2||3 yrs|
|MS ENT||1||3 yrs|
|MS Orthopaedics||6||3 yrs|
|Diploma in Medical Lab Technician||40||2 yrs|
|Diploma in MRI Technician||15||2 yrs|
|Diploma in Blood Transfusion Technician||15||2 yrs|
|Diploma in Physiotherapy||20||2 yrs|
|Diploma in Optometry||20||2 yrs|
|Diploma in Dialysis Technician||20||2 yrs|
|Diploma in CT Scan||20||2 yrs|
|Diploma in Cardiology Technician||20||2 yrs|
|Diploma in Medical OT Technician||30||2 yrs|
|Diploma in Emergency and Trauma Care||30||2 yrs|
|Diploma in Medical X-Ray Technician||40||2 yrs|
|M.D.S Periodontics||2||3 yrs|
|BSc Nursing||60||4 yrs|
|BSc Laboratory Techniques||60||3.5 yrs|
|Bachelor of Imagine Radiological Techniques||60||3.5 yrs|
Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences Saifai Admission Procedure
- For Admissions to the UG courses, Candidates can apply through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission to PG courses, Candidates can apply through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- All the Eligibility criteria need to be fulfilled as mentioned under the Eligibility Criteria.
List Of Documents Required For Admission
|1||Admit Card, Mark sheet, Allotment & Rank Letter of Qualifying Examination|
|2||High School & Intermediate Pass Mark sheets & Certificates|
|3||MBBS/BDS Pass Mark sheets|
|5||Internship Completion Certificate|
|6||Permanent Registration Certificate (State Medical Council/MCI/DCI)|
|7||Caste/ Other Reservation Certificate (As per detail available in Allotment letter)|
|9||Migration Certificate (Not required- those who pass MBBS from CSJM Univ. Kanpur)|
|10||If working in any Govt. institution/ hospital then Relieving Letter|
|11||Photocopy of Domicile Certificate/ I.D. Proof (i.e. Pan Card/Aadhar Card/Voter ID)|
|12||Rs. 10/- (non-judicial stamp paper) regarding GAP (> 1 year) after MBBS internship|
|13||Rs. 10/- (non-judicial stamp paper) regarding not doing any Private Practice|
|14||Rs. 100/- (non-judicial stamp paper) Bond of Rs. Five Lakh.|
|15||Self Photograph- 04 copy (only admit card photo is valid)|
NEET Cut Off Records
Minimum Qualifying Percentile
Number Of Candidates Qualified
|Scheduled Caste(SC)||40 percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe(ST)||40 percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes(OBC)||40 percentile||118-96||54,653|
Minimum Qualifying Percentile
Number of Candidates Qualified
Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences Saifai Ranking and Reputation
This institution is a premier Government Medical University with all the modern facilities. The university is spread in acres of land and provides best medical education and clinical exposure to the students. The facility provided to students viz. hostels, gym, library, extracurricular activities, an international stadium for cricket, international hockey turf stadium, international athletic track and many more, are just marvellous beyond the expectations. No medical college/university provides such a marvellous facility including neat and clean hostel and quality of food.
Based on reviews, and suggestions by its alumni the college scores a splendid 9/10 on the review scale.
Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences Saifai Contact Details
Address: Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences Saifai, Etawah, India- 206130
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 05688-276563 , 05688-276599