Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Burla (VIMSAR) which was formerly known as V.S.S.Medical College and Hospital is a Government-run college and hospital situated in Sambalpur City – Odisha. It is one of the oldest medical institutions in the state and imparts quality medical education at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels with constant monitoring by The Medical Council of India(MCI).
It was established in the year 1959 by the then-Chief Minister of the state Shri Harekrushna Mehtab as a solution to the Healthcare problems in western Odisha. This institution was later named after the great freedom fighter Veer Surendra Sai who laid his life fighting the British Rule.
Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Burla is affiliated to Sambalpur University and approved by The Medical Council of India(MCI) they strive to offer a balanced blend of preventive, promotive, curative and rehabilitative services to the society.
- She/he should have attained the age of at least 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the same on or before the 31st of December of the year of her/his admission to the MBBS/ BDS course.
- The candidate should have a passing certificate of a High School Senior Secondary exam(10+2) conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) or a State Board or Equivalent recognized by the Government
- He/She should have secured an aggregate of at least 50% in PCB/Biotech combined.
- NEET PG exam merit.
- Aspirants must possess an MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Burla On-Campus Facilities
- Hostel: The college has separate hostel facility for boys and girls. Each hostel is equipped with a mess with kitchen facility, TV room, Common room, Reading Room and a common toilet facility. Each room is furnished with study table, rack and a bed. Proper sanitation and security services are provided.
- Gymnasium: A Gymnasium is available on-campus for the students.
- Auditorium: An auditorium for seminars, meets, and workshops are present.
- Canteen: The college has a Cafeteria facility for its students and staff.
- Student Support: Anti-ragging, healthcare and technical support available for the students.
- Transport: The college has a transport facility for the movement of students and staff.
- Convenience: The college has a post office facility as well.
Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Burla offers Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
|MBBS||150||4.5 + 1 yrs.|
Details about Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Sambhalpur Odisha Doctor of Medicine
|MD General Medicine||20||3 yrs|
|MD Anaesthesiology||10||3 yrs|
|MD Pharmacology||7||3 yrs|
|MD Paediatrics||6||3 yrs|
|MD Biochemistry||4||3 yrs|
|MD Microbiology||4||3 yrs|
|MD Pathology||4||3 yrs|
|MD Physiology||4||3 yrs|
|MD Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases||4||3 yrs|
|MD Dermatology Venereology and Leprosy||3||3 yrs|
|MD Forensic Medicine and Toxicology||3||3 yrs|
|MD Social and Preventive Medicine||2||3 yrs|
Master of Surgery
|MS General Surgery||18||3 yrs|
|MS Obstetrics and Gynaecology||10||3 yrs|
|MS Ophthalmology||6||3 yrs|
|MS ENT||4||3 yrs|
|MS Anatomy||5||3 yrs|
|MS Orthopaedics||2||3 yrs|
|Diploma in Medical Lab Technology||–||2 yrs|
|Diploma in Medical Radiology Technology||–||2 yrs|
- For Admissions to the UG courses, Candidates can apply through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission to PG courses, Candidates can apply through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- All the Eligibility criteria need to be fulfilled as mentioned under the Eligibility Criteria.
NEET Cut Off Records
Minimum Qualifying Percentile
Number Of Candidates Qualified
|Scheduled Caste(SC)||40 percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe(ST)||40 percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes(OBC)||40 percentile||118-96||54,653|
Minimum Qualifying Percentile
Number of Candidates Qualified
College Ranking and Reputation
Since it is one of the first medical institutions in the state of Odisha, it is highly reputed and has a lot of experience in its field. It is a government run institution and hence its courses and procedures are constantly monitored by The Medical Council of India(MCI). It is one of the most authoritative institutes of Odisha with a great education and excellent infrastructure.
Based on reviews, and suggestions by its alumni the college scores a splendid 9/10 on the review scale.
Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Burla Contact Details
Address: Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Burla, Dist-Sambalpur, Odisha, India-768017
E-mail: [email protected]