Velammal Medical College Hospital and Research Institute is a Medical institution that was found in the year of 2013 and is located in the state of Madurai – Tamil Nadu. It is one of the new Medical institutions in the state and provides quality education in the Medical Field with state-of-the-art infrastructure. Velammal Medical College Madurai is affiliated with The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai and is approved by The Medical Council of India(MCI).
Velammal Medical College Madurai offers Undergraduate courses of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) with 150 seats. The hospital has a great infrastructure with an average of 30 beds per ward, free diet services to in-hospital patients, separate 140 bed ICUs with sophisticated ventilators and multi-para monitor, 7 pharmacies working 24*7, all day homeo-dialysis services, well-equipped physiotherapy services, Central Laboratory with 3 major departments equipped with automated machines and modern Operation Theaters.
Velammal Medical College Madurai Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate should have a passing certificate of a High School Senior Secondary exam(10+2) conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) or a State Board or Equivalent recognized by the Government and should have secured an aggregate of 50%(PCB combined) if belonging to the general category. For SC/SC candidates the minimum aggregate requirement is 40% and 45% for OBC candidates in lieu of 50% for General Candidates.
- She/he should have attained the age of at least 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the same on or before the 31st of December of the year of her/his admission to the MBBS/ BDS course.
- There is a relaxation of 5% on the aggregate in case of SC/ST candidates.
VMC Madurai On-Campus Facilities
- Hostel Facility – The college has a separate hostel facility for boys and girls with good accommodation facilities. The rooms are well maintained and comfortable.
- Medical/Hospital – The college has a separate health centre for its students with first aid facilities available all around the day.
- Sports Facility – Extra-curricular activities are encouraged with a football court, a basketball court, a volleyball court, indoor games, and a dedicated gym available in-campus.
- Library – State-of-the-art library with international standards and more than 11000 medical books available for the students to go through. In addition, it also has a dedicated Digital-Library with E-journals and an Audio-Visual room.
- Transport – Separate bus and van facilities available for students’ transport with on-time pickup and drop. Government buses are also available on a time basis.
- Cafeteria – The college has canteen facilities available to its staff and students.
- Auditorium – An auditorium is also available for events and seminars.
VMCH Madurai Courses Offered
Velammal Medical College Madurai offers Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
|MBBS||150||4.5 + 1 yrs.|
VMC Madurai Tamilnadu Admission Procedure
- The candidates can apply for the UG course(MBBS) through their NEET Medical (UG) score.
- Original 10+2 certification needs to be presented and the age criteria need to be fulfilled as mentioned under the eligibility criteria (17 years of age at the time of admission).
NEET Cut-Off Records
Minimum Qualifying Percentile
Number Of Candidates Qualified
|Scheduled Caste(SC)||40 percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe(ST)||40 percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes(OBC)||40 percentile||118-96||54,653|
Minimum Qualifying Percentile
Number of Candidates Qualified
College Ranking and Reputation
The college has a good infrastructure, state-of-the-art hospital facilities and good arrangements for students within the campus itself and has some great positive reviews based on these facts. Since the college is relatively new and has a lot to achieve in the field of academics and extra-curricular meets its reputation is average as of now. Also, its distance from the main city The college compensates for it with its brilliant education, very good faculty members, on time treatments and cost-effectiveness.
Based on the reviews, and suggestions by its alumni the college scores 7.5/10 of the review scale.
Velammal Medical College Madurai Contact Details
Address:Velammal Medical College Hospital and Research Institute, Velammal Village, Madurai-Tuticorin Ring Road, Anuppanadi-625009, Madurai, India
Email ID: [email protected]