Vijaynagar Institute of Medical Sciences, Bellary was established in1961 and is one of the early established medical colleges in the southern state of Karnataka. It is only 20 minutes away from the main city of Bellary.
With 150 UG and 53 PG seats, VIMS Bellary is highly efficient and well reputed medical colleges approved under MCI. Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences is the heading authority for Vijaynagar Institute of Medical Sciences -VIMS Bellary.
VIMS Bellary facility on campus
- Central Library: The Library is Air Conditioned, including consultation facility.
- Cafeteria: Fully furnished and hygienic catering
- Laboratory: All types of equipment are present for the students with a team of lab assistants to assist the students
- Auditorium: With ample amount of sitting area and air conditioning facility
- Hostels: There are two hostels in the campus separate for boys girls
- Sports Facility: Facilities for sports like football, cricket, volleyball, badminton, etc.
VIMS Bellary Courses Offered
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
|Course||No. of seats||Duration|
|MBBS||150||4½+ 1 year compulsory internship(5½ Yrs)|
|MD or MS||80||3yrs|
VIMS Bellary Eligibility Criteria
MBBS Eligibility Criteria
- The 10+2 or equivalent should be with Science subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Biology is a must with a minimum of 50% marks.
- The candidate must be if seventeen by the time of admission
- The candidate is required to have qualified NEET UG examination
MS/MD Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must have MBBS degree from an MCI recognized Medical college
- The candidate must have valid NEET PG score.
VIMS Bellary Admission Process
A Candidate must bring the following documents for the process of admission in Vijaynagar Institute of Medical Sciences Bellary:
- Valid NEET scorecard.
- Original certificates/ testimonials/documents at the time of admission:
- 10+2 or equivalent Examinations Certificate.
- High School/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate, showing his/her date of birth.
- Migration Certificate from the University/Board last attended by him/her.
Applicable only to candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste/Tribe/OBC/OPH Category:
- SC/ST Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- OBC Certificate issued by the competent authority. OBC certificate must be in the prescribed format.
- Certificate from prescribed authority showing that he/she belongs to Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped Category.
- The candidate must apply through the college admission process with a valid NEET-PG score
VIMS Bellary Fee Structure and other Payments
The dues are to be paid in cash immediately after you have been declared medically fit in the Medical Board of the Institute as per details are given below
*Above fees are subject to revision
Hostel accommodation will be provided subject to availability
Ranking and Reputation
Vijaynagar Institute of Medical Sciences – VIMS, Bellary is one of the oldest medical colleges in Karnataka. It has excellent faculty and a friendly environment with all necessary equipment in the laboratory. It has a great infrastructure with the advanced management system.
VIMS Bellary Contact Details
Vijaynagar Institute of Medical Sciences, Bellary
Vims, Vijaya Nagar,
Cantonment, Ballari, Karnataka