The Ramakrishna Mission Seva Pratishthan Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences is affiliated under the West Bengal University of Health Sciences for its Postgraduate Degree, Diploma and various paramedical courses.
Situated at 99 Sarat Bose Road, Kolkata, VIMS has all facilities for the students. It has disciples in B.P.T(Bachelor in Physiotherapy), MD, MS, D.C.H, DGO, DO, DLO etc. The studies for PhD are also being carried out. In addition to that VIMS Kolkata also provides Diploma courses.
VIMS Kolkata facility on campus:
- Seminar Halls: Fully air-conditioned, two seminar halls with a capacity of nearly 500 together.
- Dressing rooms: Attached to the seminar halls, dressing rooms are available for the students
- Modern Projection system: All the seminar halls have modern projection system.
- Library: All required books are available for the students
- Cafeteria: Friendly environment and hygienic catering are available.
- Laboratory: All the equipment are quality assured and student safety is duly considered.
- Hospital: With a necessary doctor to patient ratio, the VIMS Kolkata hospital facility is considerably better
VIMS Kolkata Courses Offered
|Course||No. of seats||Duration|
|BPT(Bachelor in Physiotherapy)||10||4½yr|
|BCCT(Bachelor of Critical care technology)||20||4½yr|
|BOTT(Bachelor of operation theatre technology)||20||4½yr|
|DRD(Diploma in Radiodiagnosis)||8|
|DMLT(Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology)||15|
VIMS Kolkata Admission Eligibility Criteria:
- Age: Minimum 17yr Old.
- Qualifying exam: 10+2 or equivalent with Science subjects including Biology. A minimum of 50% marks in three subjects together Physics, Chemistry & Biology subjects. The English level should not be less than the core course prescribed by the NCERT.
- Valid score in CET(Common Entrance Test) or JIPMER All India Entrance Exam.
- The candidate must have MBBS degree from an MCI recognized Medical college
- The candidate must have valid PG Entrance exam score.
Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences Kolkata Admission Process:
VIMS Kolkata UG Courses Admission:
A Candidate must bring the following documents for the process of admission:
- Valid UG Entrance scorecard.
- Original certificates/ testimonials/documents at the time of admission:
- 10+2 or equivalent Examinations Certificate.
- High School/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate, showing his/her date of birth.
- Migration Certificate from the University/Board last attended by him/her.
Applicable only to candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste/Tribe/OBC/OPH Category:
- SC/ST Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- OBC Certificate issued by the competent authority. OBC certificate must be in the prescribed format.
- Certificate from prescribed authority showing that he/she belongs to Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped Category.
VIMS Kolkata PG Courses Admission Process:
- The candidate must apply through the college admission process with a valid PG Entrance score
VIMS Kolkata Fee Structure
The dues are to be paid in cash immediately after you have been declared medically fit in the Medical Board of the Institute as per details are given below:
|BPT(Bachelor in Physiotherapy)||N/A|
|BCCT(Bachelor of Critical care technology)||N/A|
|BOTT(Bachelor of operation theatre technology)||N/A|
|DRD(Diploma in Radiodiagnosis)||N/A|
|DMLT(Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology)||N/A|
*Above fees are subject to revision
Hostel accommodation will be provided subject to availability
Ranking and Reputation:
VIMS Kolkata is one of the widely preferred medical colleges. It is popularly known for the advanced medical courses in physiotherapy, PhD and Masters courses. The faculty members are good with a neat environment and infrastructure VIMS stands with a ranking of 3.8.
VIMS Kolkata Contact Details
Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences, Kolkata
99, Sarat Bose Road Kolkata
Email: [email protected]