Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital also known as VMMC, Delhi is one of the most prestigious Medical colleges in the Delhi-NCR region. Attached with the very well known Safdarjung Hospital – the largest government hospital in Delhi. The college was established in November 2001 and has the latest tech in the medical field and one of the best infrastructures available in Delhi as of now. It is affiliated by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIU) and is approved by The Medical Council of India (MCI).
The campus is comparatively new and the hostel facilities are one of the best available in town. Its location in Delhi- close to the ring road and most of the famous markets of Delhi makes this college one of the prime choices of aspirants. Moreover, the fee structure is very affordable and gives quality education and experience to the students.
VMMC Delhi Eligibility Criteria
- She/he should have attained the age of at least 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the same on or before the 31st of December of the year of her/his admission to the MBBS/ BDS course.
- The candidate should have a passing certificate of a High School Senior Secondary exam(10+2) conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) or a State Board or Equivalent recognized by the Government
- He/She should have secured an aggregate of at least 50% in PCB/Biotech combined.
- NEET PG exam merit.
- Aspirants must possess an MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
VMMC Delhi On-Campus Facilities
- Hostel: The college has a separate hostel facility for boys and girls. There are two hostels for boys( old hostel & new hostel) and one for girls. The new boy’s hostel is about 400 metres away from the VMMC Delhi. All the hostels have good accommodation facilities with AC rooms.
- Library: The Library of VMMC is a 3 storied building. The ground floor of the library building houses reading room which is open round the clock for the students & faculty of the college & hospital. On the 1st and 2nd floor is the main library which has a huge collection of approx 17,000 books covering all subjects of medical education, nursing, and laboratory technicians. The library procures 122 journals (91 International and 31 Indian) and has a collection of journals for more than 47 years. The study materials of the library are protected by tattle tape electromagnet strips. The library has 3 M’s security system and has CCTV surveillance. Our library also provides the facility of photocopy, internet and computer lab. The computer lab has 21 thin clients and provides access to ERMED consortium which provides access to approximately 2000 international and Indian journals. The issue return of the books is computerized. The library also provides the facility of Book Bank to economically weak medical students.
- Hospital: Associated with perhaps one of the best government hospitals in Delhi, the college enjoys a hospital with the best infrastructure and state-of-the-art equipment.
- Laboratories: There are department based laboratories for the students.
- Auditorium: An auditorium for seminars, meets, and workshops are present.
- Canteen: The college has a Cafeteria facility for its students and staff.
- Student Support: Anti-ragging, healthcare and technical support available for the students.
- Transport: The college has a transport facility for the movement of students and staff.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
|MBBS||150||4.5 + 1 yrs.|
Doctor of Medicine
|MD General Medicine||24||3 yrs|
|MD Anaesthesiology||65||3 yrs|
|MD Pharmacology||4||3 yrs|
|MD Paediatrics||16||3 yrs|
|MD Biochemistry||4||3 yrs|
|MD Microbiology||5||3 yrs|
|MD Pathology||10||3 yrs|
|MD Physiology||5||3 yrs|
|MD Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases||4||3 yrs|
|MD Dermatology Venereology and Leprosy||5||3 yrs|
|MD Forensic Medicine and Toxicology||1||3 yrs|
|MD Community Medicine||9||3 yrs|
|MD Radiodiagnosis||21||3 yrs|
|MD Radiotherapy||6||3 yrs|
|MD Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation||5||3 yrs|
|MD Psychiatry||5||3 yrs|
Master of Surgery
|MS General Surgery||21||3 yrs|
|MS Obstetrics and Gynaecology||31||3 yrs|
|MS Ophthalmology||7||3 yrs|
|MS ENT||8||3 yrs|
|MS Anatomy||6||3 yrs|
|MS Orthopaedics||15||3 yrs|
|Diploma in Medical Lab Technician||33||2 yrs|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Anesthesia||7||2 yrs|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology||6||2 yrs|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Child Health||3||2 yrs|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Otorhinolaryngology||2||2 yrs|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy||1||2 yrs|
|M Ch. Plastic Surgery||10||3 yrs|
|M Ch. Urology||5||3 yrs|
|M.Ch Paediatric Surgery||4||3 yrs|
|M.Ch Neuro Surgery||3||3 yrs|
|M.Ch Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery||2||3 yrs|
|DM Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine||4||3 yrs|
|DM Neurology||3||3 yrs|
|DM Cardiology||2||3 yrs|
|BSc Nursing||100||4 yrs|
VMMC Delhi Admission Procedure
- For Admissions to the UG courses, Candidates can apply through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission to PG courses, Candidates can apply through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- All the Eligibility criteria need to be fulfilled as mentioned under the Eligibility Criteria.
NEET Cut Off Records
Minimum Qualifying Percentile
Number Of Candidates Qualified
|Scheduled Caste(SC)||40 percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe(ST)||40 percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes(OBC)||40 percentile||118-96||54,653|
Minimum Qualifying Percentile
Number of Candidates Qualified
College Ranking and Reputation
The college is one of the premier institutes in the Delhi-NCR region. It has an excellent infrastructure, great education and faculty, commendable facilities and a very prestigious hospital attached to it. Its hostel is suggested to be the best by its students and the location of the college itself makes it a prime choice for aspirants. All of this coupled with a very affordable fee structure make this college one of the best in the Delhi-NCR region.
Based on reviews, and suggestions by its alumni the college scores a splendid 9/10 on the review scale.
Address: VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital, Ministry of Health and Foreign Welfare, Government Of India, New Delhi-110029
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 011-26165010, 011-26165032, 011-26168336