Vinayaka Missions Kirupananda Variyar Medical College, Pondicherry was established in the year 1996 by (Late) Dr.A.Shanmugasundaram.
In 2003, Vinayaka Missions Medical College and Hospital received permanent recognition from the Medical Council of India (MCI), Ministry of Health, Government of India. It was also renewed in the year 2010.
VMMC Pondicherry facility on campus:
- Lecture Halls: With comfortable seats and a suitable sitting arrangement.
- Central Library: The Library is Air Conditioned, including consultation facility.
- Cafeteria: Fully furnished and hygienic catering
- Laboratory: All types of equipment are present for the students with a team of lab assistants to assist the students
- Hostels: There are two hostels in the campus separate for boys girls
- Sports complex and Gym: The sports complex ensures students physical training and fitness.
VMMC Pondicherry Courses Offered:
|Course||No. of seats||Duration|
|MBBS||100||4½+ 1 year compulsory internship(5½ Yrs)|
|MD or MS||N/A||3yrs|
VMMC Pondicherry Eligibility:
- Minimum of 17yr age is required
- The candidate should have passed undergraduate or equivalent with English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology as first optional. 50% marks of a minimum is a must in Physics, Chemistry & Biology subjects.
- The candidate must have valid NEET score.
- The candidate must have MBBS degree from an MCI recognized Medical college
- The candidate must have valid NEET PG score.
VMMC Pondicherry Admission Process:
A Candidate must bring the following documents for the process of admission:
- Valid NEET scorecard.
- Original certificates/ testimonials/documents at the time of admission:
- 10+2 or equivalent Examinations Certificate.
- High School/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate, showing his/her date of birth.
- Migration Certificate from the University/Board last attended by him/her.
Applicable only to candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste/Tribe/OBC/OPH Category:
- SC/ST Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- OBC Certificate issued by the competent authority. OBC certificate must be in the prescribed format.
- Certificate from prescribed authority showing that he/she belongs to Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped Category.
- The candidate must apply through the college admission process with a valid NEET-PG score
VMMC Pondicherry Fee Structure
The dues are to be paid in cash immediately after you have been declared medically fit in the Medical Board of the Institute as per details are given below:
Fee Structure for the PG Courses
|Name of the Course||Intake||Tuition Fee in Rs (Per Annum)|
(2018 – 2019)
|M.D Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||02||38,00,000 /-||Rs.2000 /-|
|M.D Paediatrics||03||33,00,000 /-|
|M.D Obstetrics & Gynaecology||02||36,00,000 /-|
|M.D General Medicine||05||33,00,000 /-|
|M.D Anaesthesiology||02||23,00,000 /-|
|M.D Biochemistry||02||6,00,000 /-|
|M.S Orthopaedics||02||36,00,000 /-|
|M.S General Surgery||04||30,00,000 /-|
|M.S Ophthalmology||01||27,00,000 /-|
|M.S E.N.T||03||27,00,000 /-|
*Above fees are subject to revision
Hostel accommodation will be provided subject to availability.
VMMC Pondicherry Ranking and Reputation:
Vinayaka Missions Kirupananda Variyar Medical College has sufficient area and is well equipped, the lecture halls have audio-visual teaching facility. With profound lecture schedule and punctual faculty members, VIMC Pondicherry is one among the best.
VMMC Puducherry Contact Details
Vinayaka Missions Medical College Pondicherry
Sankari Main Road(NH-47)
Keezhakasakudimehu, Kottucherry (P.O) Karaikal, Puducherry
Phone: 04368-263255, 263277, 263333
Email: [email protected]