ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage. there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. Once upon a time there lived a wise man by the (

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 15 | Tags: ibps     | ibps clerk     | ibps clerk 15th dec 2012     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following passage. there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. Once upon a time there lived a wise man by the (1) of Mamad. He never lied. All the people in the land, knew about him. The king heard about Mamad and (2) his subjects to bring him to the palace. He looked at the wise man and asked: ?Mamad, is it true, that you have never lied (3)?? ?It is true, your Majesty.? ?And you will never lie in your life?? questioned the king, ?1 am sure of that,? replied Marnad. am days passed and the king called Mamad once again, There was a big crowd, the king was (4) to go hunting. The king held his horse by the mane, his left foot was already on the stirrup. He. (5) to Mamad, ?Go to my summer palace and tell the queen I will be with her for lunch. Tell her to (6) a big least. You will have lunch with me then.? Mamad bowed down and went to the queen. Then the king laughed and said, ?We won?t go hunting and now Mamad will lie to the queen. Tomorrow we will laugh on his behalf. ?But the wise Marnad went to the palace and said, ?maybe you should prepare a big feast for lunch tomorrow, and maybe you shouldn?t. Maybe the king will come by noon, and maybe he won?t,? (7) me will lie conic. or will he not ?? ? asked the queen. ?i do not know whether lie put his right foot on the stirrup, or he put his left foot on the ground after I left Everybody (8) for the king. He came the next day and said to the queen. ?The wise Mamad, who never lies, (9) to you yesterday.? But the queen told him Mamad?s exact words. And the king (10) that the wise man never lies. and says only that. which he see?s with his own eyes.

(7)
1). Say
2). Rescue
3). Reveal
4). Tell

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
I think option 4 is the right answer

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Read the following passage carefully and answer the question given below it.Certain words/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions. Long ago there was a poor Brahmin named Krishna. He could not find enough work to do. Sometimes, he and his fami

2. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'. My grandfather led (1)/a peaceful life after his (2)/retirement from the army. (3)/ No Error (4)

3. We offer ........... to all who ask.

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given. Evanescent

5. Directions: Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Financial Inclusion (FI) is an emerging priority for banks that have nowhere else to go to achieve business

6. In the following question, four words are given out of which one word is incorrectly spelt. Select the incorrectly spelt word.

7. In the given passage, there are blanks marked A to J. Against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find the appropriate word in each case.  ___(A)___ of the State-run 104 Arogyavani, a free healthcare information and medical counselling helpline, have been

8. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) Somebody reported to me /(B) that Suman had fallen in / (C) the well and nobody had /(D) tried to save him . /(E) No Error.

9. In the following question, 2 columns are given containing three phrases/ sentences each. In the first column sentences A, B, C and in the second column D, E, F are given. A sentence from the first column may or may not connect with another sentence/phrase from the second column to make a grammatical

10. What is the substitute of - Enclosed in a small closed space.