ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

If the numerator of a fraction is increased by 400% and the denominator is increased by 500% the resultant fraction is $$\frac{10}{21}$$. What was the original fraction ?

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 52 | Tags: sbi     | sbi clerk     | sbi clerk 2008     | numbers     | quantitative aptitude     | Add Bounty

If the numerator of a fraction is increased by 400% and the denominator is increased by 500% the resultant fraction is $$\frac{10}{21}$$. What was the original fraction ?
1). $$\frac{5}{12}$$
2). $$\frac{8}{13}$$
3). $$\frac{17}{14}$$
4). $$\frac{4}{7}$$

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

Let the original fraction be $\frac{X}{Y}$

After 400% increase, the numerator becomes $5X$ and after 500% increase, the denominator becomes $6Y$

Hence, the resulting fraction becomes $\frac{5X}{6Y}=\frac{10}{21}$

So, $\frac{X}{Y} = \frac{4}{7}$

Join Telegram Group

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
Solution

Let the original fraction be $\frac{X}{Y}$

After 400% increase, the numerator becomes $5X$ and after 500% increase, the denominator becomes $6Y$

Hence, the resulting fraction becomes $\frac{5X}{6Y}=\frac{10}{21}$

So, $\frac{X}{Y} = \frac{4}{7}$

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Trade Ministers of Key WTO member countries including India held a meeting at Davos in Switzerland on January 29 2011. Which one of the following was the purpose of this meeting ?

2. The acronym HTML stand for ____

3. What will come in place of the question mark (?) in each of the following number series ?

4. In each of these questions, two equations (I) and (II) are given. You have to solve both the equations and Give answer :

5. Rearrange the following eight sentence (A)(B)(C)(D)(E)(F)(G)(H) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph then answer the question given below them (A)But I always felt somewhere in my mind that I loved acting (B)He never wanted me to be an actor as he did?t look upon theatre or acting a

6. In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.(201) stringent antipollution laws, mass awarenes

7. Read the following information carefully and answer the questions which follow-If 'A $$\bigstar$$Z' means 'A is the wife of Z'If 'A $$\times$$Z' means 'A is the husband of Z'If 'A+Z' means 'A is the sister of Z'If 'A?Z' means 'A is the brother of Z'If 'A$$\geq$$Z' is the son of Z'If 'A$$\leq$$Z' is the daughter of Z'

8. The Govt. of India has fixed some targets for various programmes for the entire plan period/ or part of it. Which of the following is/are TRUE about the Bharat Nirman Programme?1. The plane envisages irrigation of 10 million hectares additional land:2. It is planned that about six hundred km. of new

9. 'Akula-11' Class 'K-152 Nerpa' was inducted in Indian Navy recently. These are

10. How many such pairs of letters are there in the word CLAYED, each of which has as many letters, between them in the word (in both forward and backward directions) as they have between them in the English alphabetical series ?