ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In each question below a sentence with four words printed in bold type is given These are numbered as (1),(2)(3), and (4).One of these four words printed in bold may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence Find out the word which is wrongly spelt or inappropriate if any The number of that word is your answer If all the words printed in bold are correctly spelt and also appropriate in the context of the sentence mark (5) i.e, ?All correct? as your answer

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: ibps     | ibps clerk     | ibps clerk 2011 1st shift     | spellings     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In each question below a sentence with four words printed in bold type is given These are numbered as (1),(2)(3), and (4).One of these four words printed in bold may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence Find out the word which is wrongly spelt or inappropriate if any The number of that word is your answer If all the words printed in bold are correctly spelt and also appropriate in the context of the sentence mark (5) i.e, ?All correct? as your answer

Fifteen(1)per cent of India?s land is still(2)/covered(3)/by forrests(4)/All correct(5).
1). 1
2). 2
3). 3
4). 4

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
Solution

There is spelling error in part 4 of the sentence.
In part 4 of the senetence, forests has been wrongly spelt as 'forrests'.
The correct option is option D.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Direction: Which of the phrases a), b),c) and d) given below each statement should be placed in the blank space provided so as to make a meaningful and grammatically correct sentence?If none of the sentences is appropriate, mark e) i.e. 'None of these' as the answer.

2. Rearrange the following five sentences/ group of sentences (A). (B). (C). (D) and (E) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph: then answer the questions given below them.(A) ?My horns are my weapons,? said the deer. ?I?m sharpening them.?(B) Frightened by the deer?s sharpened horns, he

3. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.The tendency to recur at intervals.

4. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).I brushed my teeth every day at 7 O 'clock in the morning.

5. Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.(A) Thus rapid development is still unable to meet demand.(B) Surplus funds from hikes in passenger fares and cuts in staff have mad

6. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.Freedom fighters laboured (1)/ to the good of (2)/the poor enslaved masses.(3)/No Error (4)

7. Governments looking for easy popularity have frequently been tempted into announcing give?a?ways of all sorts? free electricity, virtually free water, subsidized food, cloth at half price, and so on. The subsidy culture has gone to extremes. The richest farmers in the country get subsidized fertiliz

8. Over the years, we remained loyal through thick and thin .

9. In the following passage there are blanks each of which have been numbered. Against each number, there are five words one of which fills the blank appropriately. Find the appropriate word in each case. In any organized group of mammals, no matter how co-operative, there is always a (1) for social do

10. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.If you hear (1)/ engaged tone (2)/ replace the receiver and dial again. (3)/ No error. (4).