ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

-2 vote

Number obtained by interchanging the digits of a two-digit number is more than the original numbers by 27 and the sum of the digits is 13.What is the original number?

Asked on by | Votes -2 | Views: 415 | Tags: sbi     | sbi clerk     | sbi clerk 2009     | numbers     | quantitative aptitude     | Add Bounty

Number obtained by interchanging the digits of a two-digit number is more than the original numbers by 27 and the sum of the digits is 13.What is the original number?
1). 58
2). 67
3). 76
4). 85

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

Let the two-digit number be 'xy'
The number obtained by interchanging the digits = yx
Given that x + y = 13
And 10y - x = 27 + 10x + y
y - x = 3
On solving the equations, we get x = 5, y = 8
Hence, the required number is 58.

Join Telegram Group

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
Solution

Let the two-digit number be 'xy'
The number obtained by interchanging the digits = yx
Given that x + y = 13
And 10y - x = 27 + 10x + y
y - x = 3
On solving the equations, we get x = 5, y = 8
Hence, the required number is 58.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are suf cient to answer the question. Read both the statements andGive answer a: if the data in Statement I alone are suf cient to an

2. Each of the following below consist of question and two statements numbered I and II given below it You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question Read both the statements andGive answer(a)If the data in Statement I alone is sufficient to answer

3. In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered.These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately Find out the appropriate word in each case.Once there (71) a rich businessman who was smart and yo

4. In these questions, two/three statements followed by two Conclusions numbered I and II are given. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given Conclusions logically follows from the statements disreg

5. A program, either talk or music that is made available in digital format for automatic download over the Internet is called a

6. Advanced word processing features include all except creation of

8. Which Government-run general insurer recently launched ?Asha Kiran,? a special health insurance scheme for families with girl children?

9. Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below:In a certain code language,?few organic farming techniques? is written as ?Ii gs da Cr??fertilizer products few available? Is written ?fo pz nb gs??organic waste into fertilizer? is written ?nb Cr pt mk??disposal of farming waste? is written as ?hu mk li yu?(All codes are two letter codes only)

10. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions. Certain words/phrases are given in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Until the 1960s boys spent longer and went further in school than girls, and were more likely to graduate from university. Now, across