ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage there are blanks. each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each. five words are suggested. one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate wordIn each case. One rainy day While driving me home from school my

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: ibps     | ibps clerk     | ibps clerk 27th nov 2011 sz 2nd shift     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following passage there are blanks. each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each. five words are suggested. one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word
In each case. One rainy day While driving me home from school my father stopped to offer a frail old man a lift. Though he was headed in the opposite (1). my father insisted. By the time we (2) home it was late and 1 was tired and (3) with my father. That night, my father (4) me a bedtime story as usual ? A (5) Em peror was once asked ?Sire, while you (6) rich and powerful. your teacher doesn?t even (7) a piece of land yet you visit him. (8) don?t you summon him to court ?9? The Emperor (9) and said. ?You are mistaken, my teacher is (10) than 1 am. My land can be lost in a war but he possesses knowledge which can never be stolen.? ?The old man was my teacher? my father coneluded. I have never forgotten the lesson my father ?taught? me that day.

(9)
1). shouted
2). silent
3). thinks
4). smiled

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
option 4 is the right answer

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. You need to water the plants daily.

2. Out of four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/ sentences. One who runs from justice

3. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. Father says, 'Kashmir is the heaven on earth.'

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.The scandal that has been revealed recently (A)/ is that there is an alliance (B)/ between this three European companies. (C)/No error (D)

5. Read the following passage to answer the given questions based on it. Some words/ phrases are printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.India?s manufacturing growth fell to its lowest in more than two years in September, 2011, reinforcing fears that an extended pe

6. In the passage given below there are 7 blanks, each followed by a word given in bold. Each blank has four alternative words given in options (1), (2), (3) and (4). You have to tell which word will best suit the respective blank. Mark (5) as your answer if the word given in bold after the blank

7. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions. Certain words are given in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions. Marie Curie was one of the most accomplished scientists in history. Together with her husband, Pierre, she discovered radium, an element wide

8. Read the sentences and find out which of the four combinations is correct . Then find the correct answer. ( 1) We were taking tea at the Rathna Tea Stall ( P) We found a tourist bus which had just rammed into a tamarind tree on the roadside ( Q) We rushed out of the tea stall . ( R ) We helped the passengers to get out of the bus (S) Suddenly we heard a loud noise followed by a cry for help (6) We informed the hospital and also the police about accident

9. Find out the misspelt word

10. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error if any will be in one part of the sentence, the number of that part will be the answer. If there is no error, the answer is e:. i.e. No error?. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any.)