ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In each of the following questions, a question and three statements I, II and III are given. You have to decide whether the data given in the statements are sufficient to answer the question or not.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 24 | Tags: sbi     | sbi po     | sbi po 2005     | profit and loss     | quantitative aptitude     | Add Bounty

In each of the following questions, a question and three statements I, II and III are given. You have to decide whether the data given in the statements are sufficient to answer the question or not.

In a partnership business A, B and C what profit did B get at the end of 2 years ?
I. A and B started the business by investing in ratio 3: 5.
II. C joined after 6 months with Rs. 4 lakhs.
III. After two years, A?s share in profit was Rs. 60000.

1). Only I and II sufficient
2). Only II and III sufficient
3). Either I or II and III are sufficient
4). All I, II and III are necessary to answer the question

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
Solution

Clearly, each statement alone is insufficient as there is missing information about other persons.

I & II : Let A & B started with investment of 3 lakhs & 5 lakhs respectively. C joined after 6 months with 4 lakhs.

=> Ratio of profit = A : B : C = (3*12) : (4*6) : (5*12)

= 36 : 24 : 60 = 3 : 2 : 5

=> B will get two-tenth of the profit.

Thus, I & II together are sufficient.

After combining I & III or II & III, we will still have insufficient information.

Thus, ans - (a).

Join Telegram Group

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

Clearly, each statement alone is insufficient as there is missing information about other persons.

I & II : Let A & B started with investment of 3 lakhs & 5 lakhs respectively. C joined after 6 months with 4 lakhs.

=> Ratio of profit = A : B : C = (3*12) : (4*6) : (5*12)

= 36 : 24 : 60 = 3 : 2 : 5

=> B will get two-tenth of the profit.

Thus, I & II together are sufficient.

After combining I & III or II & III, we will still have insufficient information.

Thus, ans - (a).

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+1)
Submit: