ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

What is the greatest number which divides 1070 and 1265 and leaves remainders 3 and 4 respectively?

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 68 | Tags: ibps     | ibps clerk     | ibps clerk 2016     | numbers     | quantitative aptitude     | Add Bounty

What is the greatest number which divides 1070 and 1265 and leaves remainders 3 and 4 respectively?
1). 91
2). 93
3). 95
4). 97

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Solution

The required number is the HCF of (1070 - 3, 1265 - 4) = HCF of (1067, 1261)
1067 = 11*97 and 1261 = 13*97
So, HCF = 97

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. With which one of the following activities are Golden Globe Awards associated?

2. What should come in place of the question mark (?) in the following number series ?

3. In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered.These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately Find out the appropriate word in each case.There was a man who had four sons.He (71) his sons to l

4. Which of the following sentences is true?

5. BCSBI is an autonomous and independent body set up by the

6. 9 women can complete a piece of work in 19 days. How many days will 18 women take to complete the same piece of work ?

7. Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and li given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and ?Give answer a: if the data in statement I alone are sufficient t

8. Many times we see in financial journals/bulletins a term M3. What is M3 ?

9. Manhar sold an item for Rs 8400 and incurred a loss of 25%. At what price should he have sold the item to have gained a profit of 40%

10. In the following passage there are blanks. each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank. appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. I wanted 4 (1) myself a sweater. When I asked my