ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered: These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words/phrases are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case:I used to look (1) to the holidays. I was usu

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 39 | Tags: sbi     | sbi clerk     | sbi clerk 2008     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered: These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words/phrases are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case:

I used to look (1) to the holidays. I was usually (2) to my uncle?s house where I (3) his children. I did not get paid a salary for (4) . What I received in return however, was far more (5) . My uncle was an avid reader. During the time I spent with his family I had an (6) to read the vast amount of books and magazines that he possessed: This improved my English to some (7) . Reading become my new (8) ? (9) spending my pocket money on a ticket to the cinema I began to (10) books. This has benefited me greatly.

(10)
1). sell
2). read
3). exchange
4). invest

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in It. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is '5'. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any).

2. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.He asked my mother (A)/ why had she gone to office (B)/ when she knew there would be fewer buses on road that day. (C)/ No error (D)

3. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.A chill wind blew (1)/ and icy fingers of death (2)/ crept up my spine. (3)/ No error (4).

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/Phrase. To accept the gauntlet

5. What is the active/passive of - The teacher punished the boys who had not done their home work .

6. Governments looking for easy popularity have frequently been tempted into announcing give?a?ways of all sorts? free electricity, virtually free water, subsidized food, cloth at half price, and so on. The subsidy culture has gone to extremes. The richest farmers in the country get subsidized fertiliz

7. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions. Keshava, the washerman had a donkey. They worked together all day, and Keshava would pour out his heart to the donkey.

8. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select No Error. As several studies shows over (1)/ the years, the annual data is useful in (2)/ reviewing trends of extreme events. (3)/ No error. (4)

9. Out of four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentences. Excessive devotion towards something or someone

10. In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered: These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case:The Bhagavad Gita is a poem of (1)verses which is