ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

The sum of the digits of a two-digit number is 8 and the digit in the ten?s place is three times the digit in the unit?s place What is the number ?

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 26 | Tags: sbi     | sbi clerk     | sbi clerk 2009     | numbers     | quantitative aptitude     | Add Bounty

The sum of the digits of a two-digit number is 8 and the digit in the ten?s place is three times the digit in the unit?s place What is the number ?
1). 26
2). 36
3). 71
4). 62

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
Solution

Let x be the tens digit and y be the units digit of the two-digit number.

Given, x + y = 8 - (1)

and x = 3y -(2)

Substituting (2) in (1) we get 4y = 8

i.e y = 2

Putting the value of y in (1) we get x = 6. Thus the number is 62

Join Telegram Group

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
Solution

Let x be the tens digit and y be the units digit of the two-digit number.

Given, x + y = 8 - (1)

and x = 3y -(2)

Substituting (2) in (1) we get 4y = 8

i.e y = 2

Putting the value of y in (1) we get x = 6. Thus the number is 62

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Jelena Jankovic of Serbia won which of the following titles of tennis after defeating Svetlana Kuznetsova?

2. In a certain code, `DEVOTE? is coded as `GBYLWB?. How will TENURE be coded in the same code?

3. What should come in place of the question mark (?) in the following numbers series ?

4. In each question below, a group of digits/symbols is given, followed by four combinations of letters numbered (1), (2), (3), and (4). You have to find out which of the combinations (1), (2), (3) and (4) correctly represents the group of digits/symbols based on the following coding system and the con

5. ........is the maximum amount of data that can be stored on a storage medium.

6. Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below :Following are the criteria for short listing candidates for calling for interview for Management Trainees in an organization :The candidates must-(i) not be less than 21 years and more than 28 years as on 1.11.04.(ii) ha

7. The price of an article is first increased by 20% and later on decreased by 25% due to reduction in sales. Find the net percentage change in final price of article.

8. Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi unveiled a statue of Mahatma Gandhi during his offcial visit to ?Bishkek?, the capital city of___________

9. Choose the word or group of words which is most opposite in meaning of the word printed in bold.

10. In each of the questions given below, relationship between dif erent elements has been shown in the statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. Read the statements and conclusions carefully and select the most appropriate answer in each question.