ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

1 vote

Which of the phrases a: b: c: and d: given below should replace the phara given in bold in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically meaningful and correct ? If the sentence is correct as it is and ?No correction required? mark e: as the answer.

Asked on by | Votes 1 | Views: 667 | Tags: ibps     | ibps clerk     | ibps clerk 2011 2nd shift     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Which of the phrases a: b: c: and d: given below should replace the phara given in bold in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically meaningful and correct ? If the sentence is correct as it is and ?No correction required? mark e: as the answer.

I was taken back by his sudden comment on this issue
1). would be taken back by
2). was taken backwards by
3). was taken back for
4). was taken aback by

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Solution

The phrase used is gramatically incorrect.
The correct usage of phrase is: was taken aback.
The sentence would read as:
I was taken aback by his sudden comment on this issue.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the synonym of word .Vocation

2. ln the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one, which best express the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.Kabir said to me,

3. I can no longer put up with her insolence.

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.The manager put power (1)/ a number of critereons. /(2) for the post. (3)/ No error (4).

5. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.curiosity killed the cat

6. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.to slap with one's hand or a flat object

7. Directions : Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words / phrases have been printed in BOLD to help you locate them while answering some of the questions. The great recession hasn't been g

8. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. Our reputation and image is most definitely determined by our ______. Also our ______ tend to be habit forming, in that we have

9. In the following question, out of the given four alternatives, select the one which is opposite in meaning of the given word. Remnant

10. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.The children which are assembled /(A) in the hall are the ones /(B) chosen for the field trip. /(C) No error (D)