ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Directions: In each of the questions below, two/three statements are given followed by conclusions/ group of conclusions numbered I and II. You have to assume all the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with the commonly known facts and then decide which of the given two conclusions logically follows from the information given in the statements.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 36 | Tags: sbi     | sbi po     | sbi po 2013     | statement and conclusions     | reasoning     | Add Bounty

Directions: In each of the questions below, two/three statements are given followed by conclusions/ group of conclusions numbered I and II. You have to assume all the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with the commonly known facts and then decide which of the given two conclusions logically follows from the information given in the statements.

Statements:
Some squares are circles.
No circle is a triangle.
No line is a square.Conclusions:
I. All squares can never be triangles.
II. Some lines are circles.
1). Only conclusion I follows.
2). Only conclusion II follows.
3). Either conclusion I or conclusion II follows.
4). Neither conclusion I nor conclusion II follows.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Solution

Some squares are circles and no circle is a triangle => Some squares are not triangles => Conclusion 1 follows

No line is a square => No relation can be brought between line and circle => Conclusion 2 does not follow.

Join Telegram Group

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
Solution

Some squares are circles and no circle is a triangle => Some squares are not triangles => Conclusion 1 follows

No line is a square => No relation can be brought between line and circle => Conclusion 2 does not follow.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following questions the symbols $, #, @, ? and % are used with the following meaning as illustrated below:?P @ Q? means ?P is not smaller than Q?.?P $ Q? means ?P is not greater than Q?.?P % Q? means ?P is neither greater than nor equal to Q??P # Q? means ?P is neither smaller than nor equal

2. In the following questions the symbols $$ \delta, \bigstar,$$ @ and ? are used with the following meanings illustrated. ?P$Q? means ?P is neither equal to nor greater than Q?. ?P ? Q? means ?P is neither equal to nor smaller than Q?.?P $$\delta $$ Q? means ?P neither greater than nor smaller to Q

3. In these questions, two/three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II are given. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements

4. In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.Statements:(I) All dogs are rats.(II) Some rats are lizards.Conclusion:(I) Some dogs are lizards.(II) Some lizards are dogs.

5. In the following questions, the symbols ?,#, @ and * are used with the following meaning as illustrated below :`P # Q' means `P is neither greater than nor smaller than Q'.'P ? Q' means 'P is not smaller than Q'.`P @ Q' means 'P is neither smaller than nor equal to Q'.'P * Q' means 'P is not greater

6. In each of these questions, a relationship between different elements is shown in the statements. The statements are followed by Conclusions numbered I and II. Study the conclusions based on the given statement and select the appropriate answer.

7. In each of the questions below are given three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Read both of the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logical

8. In each question below are two statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the two given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts.Give answer:a: if only conclusion I follows.b: if only conclusion II follows.c: if either I or II follows.d: if neither I nor II follows.e: if both I and II follow.

9. In each question below are three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from the commonly known facts and then decide which of the given counclusions logically follow from the given statements dis

10. In each of the questions below are given three statements followed by two conclusions numbered 1 and II, You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be a at variance from commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically