ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage there are blanks. each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank. appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. I wanted 4 (1) myself a sweater. When I asked my

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: ibps     | ibps rrb     | ibps rrb assistant 9th sep 2012     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following passage there are blanks. each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank. appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. I wanted 4 (1) myself a sweater. When I asked my mother for some wool , she directed me to the old cloth hag under the stairs. This was the bag (2) which my mother had over the years (3) all the remains Irom sweaters, scarves, cardigans and gloves. that she had knitted for herself (4) the family. When 1 opened the bag ? screamed ?What a mess!? All the wool had tangled itself into a huge knot. I said to my mother. ?Its hopeless. All the wool is so badly mixed. (5) can I even detangle it, let alone knit a sweater from it.? She smiled and said, ?It?s easier (6) you think. All you have to do is look for the easiest knot and undo that. (7) that is done, the next knot will be easier. Just keep on doing this, until all the wool is unravelled?. I (8) as my mother had told me to, and sooner than I had thought, the wool started to loosen and different colours (9) to emerge. Very soon, instead of one huge untidy bunch of wool I had several neat balls in (10) of me.

(4)
1). and
2). with
3). apart
4). aside

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
right answer is and

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. The sentence given with blank is to be filled with an appropriate word. Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. Nobody had paid attention to her when she _______ working here.

2. Which of the following is most similar in meaning to the word given in bold as used in the passage.

3. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. The 1917 Russian revolution was not as many people suppose, one well organized event in which Tsar Nicholas II was overthrown. Lenin and the Bolsheviks took power. It was a series of events that too

4. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the alternative that indicates No improvement needed. Whatever he does, he does with an eye to the main chance. A. For an eye B. From an eye C. By an eye

5. Read each of the following sentences to find out whether there is any error in it.The error,if any, will be in one part of sentence.The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error (E) (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any)

6. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.He is (1)/ capable to do this work (2)/ within the stipulated period. (3)/ No error (4).

7. The question below consists of a set of labelled sentences. These sentences, when properly sequenced form a coherent paragraph. Select the most logical order of sentences from among the options. P: If we manage our time effectively we can accomplish all the activities and tasks we wish to. Q: It

8. Below is given a single word with options to its meaning in different contexts. You have to select all those options which are synonyms of the word when the context is changed. Select the correct alternative from (1), (2), (3), (4) which represents all those synonyms. MUTATION (a) Reorganization (b) Metamorphosis (c) Stagnation (d) Mitigation

9. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/ Phrase. It was a cloak and dagger operation that took place last week.

10. Read the following passage carefully and answer the given questions. Certain words/phrases are given in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.At first glance the patriarchy appears to be thriving. More than 90% of presidents and prime ministers are male, as are all nearl