ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error if any will be in one part of the sentence. The letter of that part is the answer . If there is no error, the answer is (E) i.e.No Error. (Ignore the errors of punctuation if any)

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 128 | Tags: sbi     | sbi clerk     | sbi associate clerk 2011     | spotting errors     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error if any will be in one part of the sentence. The letter of that part is the answer . If there is no error, the answer is (E) i.e.No Error. (Ignore the errors of punctuation if any)

My friend lived at the top (A) / of an old house (B) / which attic had been (C) / converted in to a flat (D) / No Error (E)
1). (A)
2). (B)
3). (C)
4). (D)

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

The correct usage will be 'whose attic had been.....' .
Hence, the correct sensible sentence is-
My friend lived at the top of an old house whose attic had been converted into a flat.

Join Telegram Group

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Solution

The correct usage will be 'whose attic had been.....' .
Hence, the correct sensible sentence is-
My friend lived at the top of an old house whose attic had been converted into a flat.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).IF he had time will call you.

2. Some parts of the sentence have errors and some are correct. Find out which part has an error and mark that part as your answer. If there are no errors, mark 'No error' as your answer. I will wait for you till you will finish your work and meet me in the parking lot.

3. Which of the phrases A), B), C) and D) given below should replace the phrases given in bold in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically meaningful and correct? If the sentence is correct as it is and ?No correction is required?, mark E) as the answer.

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which will improve the bracketed part of the sentence. In case no improvement is needed, select 'no improvement'. We (had) a horse-shoe shaped platform made of clay, but it was destroyed by the rains.

5. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.  There has been a rapid increase in the cost of _____ in this city.

6. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.The company have (1)/ thou sands of customers (2)/ happy with its service. (3)/ No error (4).

7. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.Put your own house_______ order before preaching others.

8. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.The cruel lady made (l)/ her step daughter to do (2)/ all the house hold chores. (3)/ No Error. (4).

9. In the following question, out of the given four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase Reap the whirlwind

10. What is the substitute of - A voice that cannot be heard