ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.The Emperor of China had (41) some peaches to the

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 22 | Tags: ibps     | ibps clerk     | ibps clerk 4th dec 2011 ez 2nd shift     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.
The Emperor of China had (41) some peaches to the king of Tondmandalam with a note (42) that the fruit gives long life to anyone who eats them. As the fruits were being shown to the ruler, Rama, giving in to temptation, (43) up one of the luscious peaches and (44) into it. The king was (45). ?You?ve bitten into a fruit (46) for me!? he thundered. ?For this you must die!? As Rama was being taken away by the royal guards he sighed dramatically and exclaimed: ?What a deceitful man the Emperor of China is. He (47) the fruit gives long life. I took just one bite and I am about to die. Oh. what fate (48) the one who eats the entire fruit !? The king was (49) amused by Rama?s wit. He not only (50) him but gave him a dozen of the peaches he had risked his life for.

1). also
2). farther
3). being
4). little

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. Walt Disney failed many times, but learned the right lessons and hence failure was not ______ for him.

2. Find out the misspelt word

3. Rearrange the following six sentence (A) (B) (C) (D) (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph then answer the questions given below them (A)The woodcutter thankfully broke off from work and sat down to eat the delicious meal that his wife had sent for him (B)He was in a good

4. Secondly, it is consistent X-with human experience that Y-places and be depressed in others Z-land should rise gradually in some

5. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the given alternatives. The Russian Revolution under the leadership of Lenin was ___(1)___ by Marxist ideology. In 1918, the new 'Communist State&#

6. The following question consists of a sentence(s) with one blank only. You are given six words as answer choices and from the six choices you have to pick up two correct answers, either of which will make the sentence meaningfully complete. He smiled and made a gesture intended to _______ me. A. Assuage  B. Agitate  C. Strew  D. Placate  E. Impound  F. Ramify 

7. What could be some of the reasons for sixty seven percent of prison population being made up of undertrials ?

8. In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are also printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate words in each case.Today, twenty-two years after the bank (1),

9. In the question given below, a sentence is given and is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part a correction statement is also given. You have to determine which part requires correction and mark it as your answer. The recent rise of smartphones / and mobile apps has yielded / a more accessing form of cyberbullying. I. The recent risen of smartphones II. and mobile apps has been yielding III. a more accessible form of cyberbullying.

10. In the following sentence, four words or phrases have been printed in bold. One bold part in the sentence is wrongly spelt. Pick up that part and mark its number. If there are no errors in the bold parts, mark (5) i.e. No error as the answer.  As a woman I was infuriarated to read the comments of the political leader about judging girls based on their attires.