ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Rearrange the following six sentences/group of sentences (A), (B), (C),(D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph: then answer the questions given below them. (A) The merchant greedily counted his gold and said, ?The purse I dropped had 200 pieces of gold in it. You?ve al

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 35 | Tags: ibps     | ibps rrb     | ibps rrb assistant 29th sep 2013     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Rearrange the following six sentences/group of sentences (A), (B), (C),(D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph: then answer the questions given below them.
(A) The merchant greedily counted his gold and said, ?The purse I dropped had 200 pieces of gold in it. You?ve already stolen more than the reward! Go away or I will tell the police.?
(B) The judge, looking towards the merchant said, ?you stated that the purse you lost contained 200 pieces of gold. Well, that?s a considerable cost. But, the purse this beggar found had only 100 pieces of gold?.
(C) Being an honest man, the beggar came forward and handed the purse to the merchant saying, ?Here is your purse. May I have my reward now??
(D) ? This purse therefore cannot be the one you lost.? And, with that, the judge gave the purse and all the gold to the beggar.
(E) A beggar found a leather purse that someone had dropped in the marketplace. On opening it, he discovered that it contained 100 pieces of gold. Then he heard a merchant shout,?A reward! A reward to the one who finds my leather purse?.
(F) ?I am an honest man,? said the beggar defiantly. ?Let us take this matter to the court, The judge patiently listened to both sides of the story.

Which of the following should be the FOURTH sentence after the rearrangement?
1). D
2). F
3). B
4). E

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
F : - is correct hence option 2

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which will improve the bracketed part of the sentence. In case no improvement is needed, select "no improvement". I gave up (drinks) many years ago.

2. In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. I hope I have not missed the boat and can still try to get in.

3. Instructions: In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.President Barack Obama?s recent stat

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) Scarcely had I/(B) walked out of my house/(C) when I saw my/(D)friend coming towards me./(E) No Error.

5. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. Last week, a Jet Airways flight from Mumbai to Jaipur had to return within 45 minutes, after the pilots reportedly “forgot” to turn on th

6. Read the passage given below and answer the questions given below the passage. Mother died today. Or, maybe, yesterday; I can’t be sure. The telegram from the Home says: YOUR MOTHER PASSED AWAY. FUNERAL TOMORROW. DEEP SYMPATHY. Which leaves the matter doubtful; it could have been yesterday.

7. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.He is (1)/ your brother (2)/ isn’t it ? (3)/ No error (4).

8. What is the substitute of - Words written on the tomb of a dead person

9. He didn' t tell me directly, but reading between the lines , I think he is riot happy with them

10. Choose the correctly spelt word: