ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Each question contains a sentence with a blank. Below the sentence, 4 words are given out of which 2 can be used to fill the blank meaningfully. Choose the option that contains the words that can be used to fill the blank:

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 17 | Tags: ibps     | ibps clerk     | ibps clerk 2017     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Each question contains a sentence with a blank. Below the sentence, 4 words are given out of which 2 can be used to fill the blank meaningfully. Choose the option that contains the words that can be used to fill the blank:

When the news was out, Chirag could not __________ the fact that the love of his life was no more.(A)stomach
(B) burp
(C) digest
(D) inject
1). B-C
2). A-B
3). B-D
4). A-C

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
Solution

’Stomach’ or ‘digest’ means ‘to accept’. Therefore, both A and C can be used to fill the blank. Therefore, option D is the right answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).Chennai is by the way a cosmopolitan city.

2. Fill in the blank with the appropriate idiomatic expression. Why are you _____ ? You paid no heed when you were warned so many times.

3. The following sentences form a paragraph. The last sentence of the paragraph is given. The rest of the sentences are numbered as P, Q, R, S and T. These five parts are not given in their proper order. Read the sentences and choose the alternative that arranges them in correct order. P.&nb

4. In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered.These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately Find out the appropriate word in each case.One day a father of very wealthy family (71) his son on

5. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the given part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no changes are required, select no improvement as the correct option. If they give me plenty of it I'll not complain about its color. A. me enough of it I'll B. me half of it I'll C. me more 1/3rd of it I'll

6. Below a statement has been divided in five parts. The part in bold is fixed and contains no error. Among the other parts find the erroneous part. If it contains no error choose the 5th option (No error) Northern part of the country greets its (A)/ rainy season in July and August, says farewell (B)/ in September; gradually in October the (C)/ summer monsoons retreat from Chinese land. (D)

7. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives and click the button corresponding to it.Man's attitude to various animals changed many times in the course of centuries. From indifference or practic

8. When she retired, she handed ............... the charge to the' Vice-President.

9. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one, which best express the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.The emperor was impressed with the singer and asked, 'What can I do for you?'

10. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is opposite in meaning to the given word and click the button corresponding to it.IRASCIBLE