ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

What is the meaning of idiom - Sobhraj was easily arrested because the police were tipped off in a advance.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 33 | Tags: english     | idioms and phrases     | english comprehension     | ssc     | Add Bounty

What is the meaning of idiom in bold - Sobhraj was easily arrested because the police were tipped off in a advance.
1). Toppled over
2). Bribed
3). Given advance information
4). Threatened

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Answer for this question is Bribed

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. The following question consists of a sentence(s) with one blank only. You are given six words as answer choices and from the six choices you have to pick up two correct answers, either of which will make the sentence meaningfully complete. He has undergone 25 operations and wears a _______ leg. A. Prosthetic B. Plugging  C. Polarised  D. Prolific  E. Stalwart  F. Substitute 

2. What is the active/passive of - Anu is interviewing Radhika and Sarath Kumar.

3. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain word/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.The men of Suvarnanagari were very lazy. They only liked to gossip and tell each other tall tales. As soon as the

4. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. She must ______ a great time at her birthday party.

5. Out of four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentences. Easily persuaded or controlled

6. What is the substitute of - A doctor who treats children

7. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best express the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.Geetal said, ' I bought a Honda City yesterday.'

8. What is the antonym or opposite of word INVINCIBLE

9. In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. I cannot take part in the skit as I have too many iron in the fire.

10. Read the passage given below carefully and then answer the questions given below the passage. It can be tempting to blame failure on a lack of willpower or a scarcity of talent, and to attribute success to hard work, effort, and grit. To be sure, those things matter. What is interesting, however, i