ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

What is the substitute of - Call upon God or any other power (like law) etc. for help or protection

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 93 | Tags: english     | one word substitution     | english comprehension     | ssc     | Add Bounty

What is the substitute of - Call upon God or any other power (like law) etc. for help or protection
1). Invocation
2). Involution
3). Inundation
4). Revocation

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
Invocation : seems correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Select the word with the correct spelling.

2. In each question below a sentence with four words printed in bold type is given. These are numbered as a, b, c and d. One of these four boldly printed words may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence. Find out the word which is wrongly spelt or inappropriate, if any. The number of that word is your answer. If all the boldly printed words are correctly spelt and also appropriate in the context of the sentence, mark e: i.e., ?All Correct? as your answer.

3. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. With the growth of humankind, technology has simultaneously grown enormously especially in the past few decades. Technology has been linked with our

4. Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.A. I was pleased by their reaction.B. Writing my speech was easy, but I was unsure if I could motivate the employees to donate to th

5. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the given alternatives. There has never been a more __(1)__ time for India’s Artificial Intelligence and deep tech startup ecosystem. The AI indu

6. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) All of them will execute /(B) the plan so skilfully /(C) that their officer /(D) will feel surprised. /(E) No Error.

7. Direction: In each of the following questions four words are given of which two words are most nearly the same or opposite in meaning. Find the two words which are most nearly the same or opposite in meaning and indicate the number of the correct letter combination, by darkening the appropriate oval in your answer sheet.

8. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Once upon a time there was a King of Benaras who was very rich. He had many servants and a beautiful palace with

9. Fill up the blanks in the passage given be most appropriate word from the options given for each blanks:Although John Wisdom?s writings in Philosophy show clearly the influence of Wittgenstein, they nevertheless also display a(1) originality. Despite the (2) and difficulty of his style, a careful re

10. Which of the phrases a:, b:, c: and d: given below should replace the phrase given in bold in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically meaningful and correct. If the sentence is correct as it is and No correction is required?, mark e: as the answer.