ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been the passage, against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. Once there was a lake which was (71) to many golden swans. Every six months, the swans would

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 40 | Tags: sbi     | sbi clerk     | sbi clerk 27 may 2012     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been the passage, against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.
Once there was a lake which was (71) to many golden swans. Every six months, the swans would leave a golden feather as a (72) for using the lake. The soldiers of the kingdom in which the lake was, would collect the feathers and deposit them in the royal treasury.
One day, a homeless bird saw the lake. ??The water in this lake (73) so cool and soothing. I will (74) my nest here,?? thought the bird. As soon as the bird settled down near the lake, the golden swans noticed her. They shouted, ?This lake belongs to us! We pay a golden feather to the King for using it. You cannot live here.
??I am homeless, brothers. I too will pay the rent. Please give me (75).?? the bird pleaded.??How will you pay the rent? You do not have golden feathers,?? said the swans, laughing. They further added, ??Stop dreaming and leave at once.?? The humbled bird pleaded many times. But the arrogant swans (76) her away. ??I will teach them a lesson!?? decided the humiliated bird. She went to the King and said, ??O King! The swans in your lake are impolite and unkind. I begged for shelter but they said that they had rented the lake.??
The King was angry with the arrogant swans for (77) insulted the homeless bird. He ordered his soldiers to bring the arrogant swans to his court. In no time, all the golden swans were brought to the King?s court. ??Do you think the royal treasury depends upon your golden feathers? You cannot decide who lives by the lake. Leave the lake at once or you all will be beheaded!?? shouted the King. The swans shivered with (78) on hearing the King. They flew away and never (79). The bird built her home near the lake and lived there happily forever. The bird gave shelter to all other birds who (80) to stay near the lake.

1). local
2). helping
3). liked
4). home

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

Here, the correct word to be used is 'home'.
It is gramatically most appropriate and correctly fits into the context.
Option D is correct.

Join Telegram Group

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
Solution

Here, the correct word to be used is 'home'.
It is gramatically most appropriate and correctly fits into the context.
Option D is correct.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it. Inveterate

2. I knew he had an axe to grind and turned down his offer of help.

3. Direction: Read the passage carefully and answer the following questions. Mahatma Gandhi was the primary leader of India’s independence movement and also the architect of a form of non-violent civil disobedience that would influence the world. Gandhi grew up worshiping the Hindu god Vishnu a

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is similar in meaning to the given word and click the button corresponding to it. Concupiscence

5. Read the following passage carefully and answer the question given below it. Certain words / phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.The kingdom of vijaynagar had not been enjoying good relations with its neighbouring state, Mahanagar, for a ve

6. In the following question , some of the sentences have errors and some have none. Find out which part of a sentence has an error. The number of that part is your answer. If there is error, the answer is (4), i.e., No error.- In that wholesale shop ( 1) /they do not sell (2) / fewer than ten bags of rice. (3) / No error (4)

7. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. Very simply, a checklist is a list of items required, things to be done or points to be considered, used as a reminder. This is

8. In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. As great as it sounds, I would tell you to take that information with a grain of salt.

9. In the following questions you have a passage. In the following passage thereI are blanks , each of which has been numbered . These numbers are printed below the passage and against each four words are suggested , one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.

10. This man was an accomplice ......... the thief.