ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In each question below, four words printed in bold type are given. These are numbered a:, b:, c: and d:. One of these words printed in bold may either be wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence, Find out the word that is inappropriate or wrongly spelt, if any. The number of that word is your answer. If all the words printed in bold are correctly spelt and appropriate in the context of the sentence then mark e: i.e. All Correct? as your answer.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 21 | Tags: ibps     | ibps clerk     | ibps clerk 14th dec 2013     | spellings     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In each question below, four words printed in bold type are given. These are numbered a:, b:, c: and d:. One of these words printed in bold may either be wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence, Find out the word that is inappropriate or wrongly spelt, if any. The number of that word is your answer. If all the words printed in bold are correctly spelt and appropriate in the context of the sentence then mark e: i.e. All Correct? as your answer.

He has (a)/ refrain (b)/ from criticizing (c)/ the government (d)/ in the public. All Correct (e)
1). He has a
2). refrain
3). from criticizing
4). the government

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
I have read it somewhere refrain is correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Through the reporter's efforts many unknown facts have come to light .

2. Study the following given idiomatic expression and its four possible meanings .find out the correct meaning as your as given statements. Answer (E) if you don't find the correct meaning

3. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully.   One day a man stopped Birbal in the street and began narrating his woes to him. "I am extremely broke and have walked twenty miles

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is opposite in meaning to the given word and click the button corresponding to it. Privation

5. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.This is our second reminder (1)/ and we are much surprised (2)/ at receiving no answer from you (3) No error. (4).

6. The following passage there are blanck each of which has been numbered. These number are printed below the passage and against each, five word are suggested. one of which fits the blank appropriately. find out the appropriate word in each case. Trust is a (1) relationship concept that needs clarific

7. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.  An associate in crime 

8. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).He evaded to pay income tax.

9. Read the sentence to find out whether there is any error in it or not. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5). Ignore errors of punctuation, if any. Want to be a (1) winner requires (2) discipline and dedication (3) thundered, the teacher. (4) No error (5)

10. Rearrange the following six sentence / group of sentence (1), (2), (3), (4), (5) and (6) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the question given below them.(1) The merchant greedily counted his gold and said ?The purse I dropped had 200 pieces of gold in it. You've alre