ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Direction: In each of the questions below are given four statements followed by four conclusions numbered I, II, III & IV. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 58 | Tags: sbi     | sbi po     | sbi po 2010     | statement and conclusions     | reasoning     | Add Bounty

Direction: In each of the questions below are given four statements followed by four conclusions numbered I, II, III & IV. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts.

Statements:
All cups are bottles.
Some bottles are jugs.
No jug is plate.
Some plates are tables.Conclusions:
I. Some tables are bottles.
II. Some plates are cups.
III. No table is bottle.
IV. Some jugs are cups.
1). Only I follows
2). Only II follows
3). Only III follows
4). Only IV follows

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Solution

The conclusions talk about a relation between tables and bottles. Let's bring a relation between these two using the given statements.

Some bottles are jugs and no jug is a plate => some bottles can be plates or no bottle is a plate

Some plates are tables => some bottles can be plates or no bottle is a plate. -- (1)

All cups are bottles and some bottles are jugs => Nothing about cups and jugs can be derived from this.

Since we cannot derive a conclusion between cups and jugs, it is not possible to derive a conclusion between cups and plates as well.

Hence option E, which says that some bottles can be plates or no bottle is a plate is the answer.

Join Telegram Group

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

The conclusions talk about a relation between tables and bottles. Let's bring a relation between these two using the given statements.

Some bottles are jugs and no jug is a plate => some bottles can be plates or no bottle is a plate

Some plates are tables => some bottles can be plates or no bottle is a plate. -- (1)

All cups are bottles and some bottles are jugs => Nothing about cups and jugs can be derived from this.

Since we cannot derive a conclusion between cups and jugs, it is not possible to derive a conclusion between cups and plates as well.

Hence option E, which says that some bottles can be plates or no bottle is a plate is the answer.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In each question below are two/three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and 11. You have to Lake the given statements to be true even if they seem to he at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follow (s) from the statements disreg

2. In each question below are three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the three given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the three statements d

3. In each question below are two statements followed by two conclusions numbered 1 and II. You have to take the two given statements to be true even itthey seem to he at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disreg

4. In these questions, the symbol @, %, ?, $ and # are used with the following meaning as illustrated below:P @ Q? means ?P is neither smaller than nor equal to Q?.?P % Q? means ?P is neither greater than nor equal to Q?.?P ? Q? means ?P is not greater than Q?.?P $ Q? means ?P is not smaller than Q?.?P # Q? means ?P is neither smaller nor greater than Q?.Assuming the given statements to be true, find which conclusion is definitely true.

5. In each question below are two or three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have,to take the given statement? to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commony know fects and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given ststements di

6. In the following questions, the symbols @, ?, %, * and $ are used with the following meanings illustrated.?P % Q? means `P is either greater than or equal to Q?.`P ? Q? means `P is neither greater that nor smaller than Q?.?P $ Q? means ?P is smaller than Q?.?P@ Q? means ?P is either smaller than or

7. In these questions, two/three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II are given. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements

8. In these questions, relationships between different elements is shown in the statements. These statements are followed by two conclusions.Give answer a: if only conclusion 1 follows.Give answer b: if only conclusion II follows.Give answer c: if either col-i elusion I or conclusion II follows.Give answer d: if neither coil elusion 1 nor conclusion 11 follows_Give answer e: if both cone elusions 1 and II follow.

9. In each question below are three statements followed by two conclusions numbered Iand II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregar

10. In the following questions, the symbols ?,#, @ and * are used with the following meaning as illustrated below :`P # Q' means `P is neither greater than nor smaller than Q'.'P ? Q' means 'P is not smaller than Q'.`P @ Q' means 'P is neither smaller than nor equal to Q'.'P * Q' means 'P is not greater