ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage there are blanks. each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each. five words are suggested. one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate wordIn each case. One rainy day While driving me home from school my

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 19 | Tags: ibps     | ibps clerk     | ibps clerk 27th nov 2011 sz 2nd shift     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following passage there are blanks. each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each. five words are suggested. one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word
In each case. One rainy day While driving me home from school my father stopped to offer a frail old man a lift. Though he was headed in the opposite (1). my father insisted. By the time we (2) home it was late and 1 was tired and (3) with my father. That night, my father (4) me a bedtime story as usual ? A (5) Em peror was once asked ?Sire, while you (6) rich and powerful. your teacher doesn?t even (7) a piece of land yet you visit him. (8) don?t you summon him to court ?9? The Emperor (9) and said. ?You are mistaken, my teacher is (10) than 1 am. My land can be lost in a war but he possesses knowledge which can never be stolen.? ?The old man was my teacher? my father coneluded. I have never forgotten the lesson my father ?taught? me that day.

(10)
1). powerful
2). wise
3). wealthy
4). stronger

IBPS Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. “To be on one’s toes" means

2. In the following question, four words are given out of which one word is incorrectly spelt. Select the incorrectly spelt word.  

3. In the following passage some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. Classical dancers are taught to aim their ____ slightly above the audience’s line of sight. The width of this ____ makes it targeted yet ______ – you address each viewer as an ______ , yet never lock eyes long _____ to forge a connection. viewer as an ______ , yet never

4. Select the phrase/ connectors from the given options which can be used to form a single sentence, implying the same meaning as given by the sentences. Brett asked Maya out on a date. She said yes. The date was on Friday. It consisted of a movie and dinner.

5. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error if any will be in one part of the sentence, the number of that part will be the answer. If there is No error, the answer is e:. I.e. ?no error?. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any.)

6. In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. Sardar Patel did a Yeoman's service by welding numberless states into one strong nation.

7. Read the following passage and answer the questions carefully. Paragraph 1: The economic progress of a nation and the development of its banking sector is invariably interrelated. The banking sector is an indispensable financial service sector supporting development plans through channelising

8. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence The promises he had made (seem) forgotten and yet, they continued to affect him.

9. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Our success or our failure (1)/ largely depend (2) / upon our actions. (3) / No error. (4).

10. There are five statements present. One of them contains an error. Choose the incorrect sentence A. The official conference document emphasizes on how much progress has been made. B. Although applying a levered/ unlevered beta is an option, one also has to find a control group of stocks, which