ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In each of the following sentence, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 59 | Tags: sbi     | sbi clerk     | sbi associate clerk 2011     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In each of the following sentence, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence.

I stumbled upon some interesting old letters in my Grandfather's desk
1). Deliberately went through
2). Surveyed
3). Tripped over
4). Discovered by chance

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
Solution

Here, 'stumbled upon' means to 'discover by chance'.

Hence, the statement means that the speaker discovered some interesting old letters in Grandfather's desk.

Join Telegram Group

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Solution

Here, 'stumbled upon' means to 'discover by chance'.

Hence, the statement means that the speaker discovered some interesting old letters in Grandfather's desk.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Though this blanket is not made of wool, it has a ............ texture.

2. Directions: Read the following passage and answer the questions given below? Hours after a devastating fire at a rooftop restaurant at Kamala Mills in Mumbai claimed 14 lives, the city’s official machinery swung into belated action. The Mumbai police filed a case against the restaur

3. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error if any will be in one part of the sentence, the number of that part will be the answer. If there is No error, the answer is e:. I.e. ?no error?. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any.)

4. What is the synonym of word .INDICT

5. What is the synonym of word .LUCIDITY

6. What is the correct alternative of - I asked him to copy the sentence word for word

7. What is the synonym of word .APPRAISE

8. In each of the given sentence select the sentence which would either follow or precede the given sentence in grammatically and conceptually appropriate manner. The instruction is given at the end of every statement

9. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).Keats says the idea very well in his poems.

10. What is the meaning of idiom - The principal called the latecomers to her room and delivered a curtain lecture on the subject of late hours.