ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

29 vote

Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below :In a certain code language,?bank for my conductor? is written as ?ya ri vi pa??for conductor is my? is written as ?ri vi pa da??my computer is yours? is written as ? da vi pi du??it yours tablet? is written as ?yu du ca?

Asked on by | Votes 29 | Views: 250 | Tags: sbi     | sbi clerk     | sbi clerk 20 july 2014     | reasoning     | Add Bounty

Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below :

In a certain code language,
?bank for my conductor? is written as ?ya ri vi pa?
?for conductor is my? is written as ?ri vi pa da?
?my computer is yours? is written as ? da vi pi du?
?it yours tablet? is written as ?yu du ca?

What is the code for ?my? ?
1). ri
2). pa
3). du
4). vi

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

25 vote
Answered by on | Votes 25 |
Solution

There are 3 common words in the first two statements which are 'for', 'my' and 'conductor'.

The remaining words, i.e. in first statement 'bank' is coded as = 'ya'

and in 2nd statement, 'is' is coded as = 'da'

The common words in second and third statements except for 'is' is 'my' which is coded as = 'vi'

=> Code for 'for' and 'conductor' is = either 'ri' or 'pa'

The common word in the last two statements is 'yours' coded as = 'du'

=> In 3rd statement, only word left, 'computer' is coded as = 'pi'

Also, in 4th statement, codes for 'it' and 'tablet' is coded as = either 'yu' or 'ca'

Thus, the code for ‘my’ = vi

=> Ans - (D)

Join Telegram Group

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Solution

There are 3 common words in the first two statements which are 'for', 'my' and 'conductor'.

The remaining words, i.e. in first statement 'bank' is coded as = 'ya'

and in 2nd statement, 'is' is coded as = 'da'

The common words in second and third statements except for 'is' is 'my' which is coded as = 'vi'

=> Code for 'for' and 'conductor' is = either 'ri' or 'pa'

The common word in the last two statements is 'yours' coded as = 'du'

=> In 3rd statement, only word left, 'computer' is coded as = 'pi'

Also, in 4th statement, codes for 'it' and 'tablet' is coded as = either 'yu' or 'ca'

Thus, the code for ‘my’ = vi

=> Ans - (D)

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Market Research is needed:

2. Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C) (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.A. The application of economic, environmental and consumer pressures have been on an increase in recent yearsB. As a result, our agro

3. Following are based on the English alphabets.A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z.

4. Jimjang Deru? of Arunachal Pradesh has recently broken his own national record set by him last year in??

5. Marketing is termed as successful, when???????..

6. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases are printed in ??bold?? to help you to locate them while answering some of the questions.To open up a field of study, draw attention to its vital elements, the lecture is invaluable. To listen to a le

7. Which of the following is TRUE about the Rajiv Gandhi National Drinking Water Mission ?(A) To provide safe drinking water in urban slums(B) To provide sustainable safe drinking water in rural areas(C) To provide sustainable and safe drinking water in those parts of the country where ample water is not available like coastal areas and desert areas.

8. In each of the questions given below which one of the five answer figures on the right should come after the problem figures on the left, if the sequence were continued?

9. Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statement are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and

10. Read the following passage carefully and answer the question given below it. Certain words / phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.The kingdom of vijaynagar had not been enjoying good relations with its neighbouring state, Mahanagar, for a ve