ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Given below is one passage followed by several possible inferences which can be drawn from the facts stated in the passage. You have to examine each inference separately in the context of the passage and decide upon its degree of truth or falsity. Mark - If you think answer (a) the inference is ?Def

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 19 | Tags: sbi     | sbi po     | sbi po 1999     | reasoning     | Add Bounty

Given below is one passage followed by several possible inferences which can be drawn from the facts stated in the passage. You have to examine each inference separately in the context of the passage and decide upon its degree of truth or falsity. Mark - If you think answer
(a) the inference is ?Definitely True?, i.e., it properly follows from the statement of facts given
(b) the inference is ?Probably True? though not ?Definitely True? in the light of the facts given
(c) the ?Data are Inadequate?, i.e., from the facts given you cannot say whether the inference is likely to be true or false
(d) the inference is ?Probably False? though not ?Definitely False? in the light of the facts given. The inference is ?Definitely False?, i.e., it cannot possibly be drawn from the facts given or it contradicts the given facts. ?Holidays on Instalment Payment (HIP) plans are being introduced. According to an Indian Market Research Bureau (IMRB) study, at least 12,000 families in Mumbai alone will opt for such deferred payment plans for their holidays in the next three years
e: None Of these

In Mumbai ?Holidays Instalment Payment (HIP)? seems to be fulfilling need of people.
1). The inference is ‘Definitely True’, i.e., it properly follows from the statement of facts given
2). The inference is ‘Probably True’ though not ‘Definitely True’ in the light of the facts given
3). The ‘Data are Inadequate’, i.e., from the facts given you cannot say whether the inference is likely to be true or false
4). The inference is ‘Probably False’ though not ‘Definitely False’ in the light of the facts given. The inference is ‘Definitely False’, i.e., it cannot possibly be drawn from the facts given or it contradicts the given facts. ‘Holidays on Instalment Payment (HIP) plans are being introduced. According to an Indian Market Research Bureau (IMRB) study, at least 12,000 families in Mumbai alone will opt for such deferred payment plans for their holidays in the next three years

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Its tough but option 2 seems correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. To answer these questions study carefully the following arrangement of letters, digits and symbols. M 7 ? 8 L P @ ? 6 N B T Y 3 2 = E $ 4 9 ? G H 5

2. What is the overall creating, editing, formatting, storing, retrieving and printing a text document?

3. With which of the following countries did India ban trade in arms, besides exchange of equipmentand technology that can contribute to nuclear programmes with North Korea and Iran in April 2007 ?

4. In each of the following sentences there are two blank spaces. Below each sentence there are five pairs of words denoted by number A, B, C, D and E. Find out which pair of words can be filled up in the blanks in the sentence in the same sequence to make the sentence grammatically correct and meaningfully complete.

5. Study the following information carefully to answer thegiven questions.Seven neighbours S, P, L, Q, R, M and I live on dif erent floors in the same building having seven floors numbered one to seven. (The first floor is numbered one, the floor above it, is numbered two and so on till the topmost flo

6. Read the following passage and answer the questions below.Consider your average morning routine. Most of us begin taking in the day's news as soon as the clock radio wakes us up. Then there is the morning news brief from the television while eating breakfast followed by a local radio station during

7. In these questions, two/three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II are given. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements

8. In the recent rail fare hike effected by the Union Government, what was the amount of hike in percentage terms?

9. Shopping by mail is also known as

10. Effect : Govt. has allowed all the airlines to charge additional amount as peak time congestion charges for the flights landing between 6 .00 a.m. to 10.00 a.m.Which of the following is a probable cause of the above effect ?